SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: riding to ace on sunday 12/Jan
meet at shire + ride to ace / no matter rain or dry 1 16.67%
meet at shire only if it's not raining 1 16.67%
meet at shire on saturday - forecasted dry 4 66.67%
sorry got other things to do... 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-01-08, 11:19 AM   #31
Warthog

Default Re: 12 saturday dry / 13 sunday rain..meeting at ace.

Nice of noone to stop
Old 14-01-08, 10:55 PM   #32
StreetHawk

Apart from Tony's spill it was a good day out

Philbut, those roads between Fox's and On Yer Bike are awesome, as soon as it's dry and I have some time at the weekend i'll be back over there to practice. You were flying along in front , I didn't have a hope in hell of catching you and I suspect you weren't even going close to flat out. I wasn't feeling too confident with the roads being wet in places and with my bike jumping out of gear.. and I had to wait for Tony and ASM to catch up of course

I need to get out and ride those roads over and over again on a nice sunny dry day..
Old 15-01-08, 12:30 AM   #33
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
Apart from Tony's spill it was a good day out

Philbut, those roads between Fox's and On Yer Bike are awesome, as soon as it's dry and I have some time at the weekend i'll be back over there to practice. You were flying along in front , I didn't have a hope in hell of catching you and I suspect you weren't even going close to flat out. I wasn't feeling too confident with the roads being wet in places and with my bike jumping out of gear.. and I had to wait for Tony and ASM to catch up of course

I need to get out and ride those roads over and over again on a nice sunny dry day..
Shocking allegations!

Great roads though....i swear that was the route we went when Stu lead the ride, but in reverse. In fact i am sure it was, as i recognised one of the villages where we stopped for a photo.

Finding the best biking roads is easy, all you have to do is look for the 'X casualties here' signs.
Old 15-01-08, 09:18 AM   #34
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
You were flying along in front , I didn't have a hope in hell of catching you and I suspect you weren't even going close to flat out.
Well, the top box and sh*tty missmatched tyres add at least 20mph . I have the fastest barge on 2 wheels!
Old 15-01-08, 09:22 AM   #35
philbut

The route tis a favourite of mine. Warthog and fat bastrd are also fans I believe. Very rarely see any coppers down there either, which is a goo job cos we usually average about 30-40mph over the limit - just take it easy through those villages, and there are a few corners that can catch you out if you aren't expecting them.
Old 15-01-08, 01:06 PM   #36
fat_brstd

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
The route tis a favourite of mine. Warthog and fat bastrd are also fans I believe.

Just take it easy through those villages, and there are a few corners that can catch you out if you aren't expecting them.
what roads where you on? the a41 to aylesbury? Its a nice road but nicest when going from buckingham back down to aylesbury. I really like the b road between thame and bicester. Thats a beautiful road and its in oxfordshire which means it smooth.

The villagers dont like you hooning through there nice little comunities. Oh well what a shame.
Old 15-01-08, 01:34 PM   #37
ASM-Forever

Quote:
The route tis a favourite of mine. Warthog and fat bastrd are also fans I believe. Very rarely see any coppers down there either, which is a goo job cos we usually average about 30-40mph over the limit - just take it easy through those villages, and there are a few corners that can catch you out if you aren't expecting them.
Apart from the uniform car that went past in the opposite direction?

Poor obs if you didn't see it.

I scrubbed some speed when i saw it but was still 20-odd over the limit.....which lead to some anxious mirror checking.
Old 15-01-08, 02:58 PM   #38
ogden
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
what roads where you on? the a41 to aylesbury? Its a nice road but nicest when going from buckingham back down to aylesbury. I really like the b road between thame and bicester. Thats a beautiful road and its in oxfordshire which means it smooth.
A regular Sunday route for me is the A413 from Aylesbury to Buckingham, round the Tingewick bypass to Bicester, A41/B4011 to Thame and B4012 to Postcombe. There are some proper hairy bends on those B roads and the 'x accidents in last y years including z motorcyclists' signs are a sure-fire indication that some fun bits are coming up.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-08, 01:19 PM   #39
philbut

Thats the one.

I think i did see the cop car, but by the time he'd turned round, I'd have been long gone, so not too fussed - but yes, my previous comment about not many coppers now seems a bit flawed!
Old 16-01-08, 01:30 PM   #40
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Thats the one.

I think i did see the cop car, but by the time he'd turned round, I'd have been long gone, so not too fussed - but yes, my previous comment about not many coppers now seems a bit flawed!
He seemed to slow down after he passed us, as if he was thinking of doing a u-turn. I did consider overtaking Tonyk, so i wans't the last bike/in the firing line, but decided on a ridiculous amount of mirror/shoulder checks.