SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 21-05-08, 06:32 PM   #21
Stig

Default Re: Off the road for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadeyc73 View Post
The worst thing is the boredom I think I'll go to work next week just because I can't cope with staying at home watching the lovely daytime tv.
You may find your company will tell you to go back home. Unless of course your not signed off sick. I tried to go back whilst still on the sick and they wouldn't let me. All to do with liability in the event you injure yourself further whilst on work premises.
Old 21-05-08, 06:34 PM   #22
Warthog

get an xbox and gta4!
Old 21-05-08, 07:10 PM   #23
aadeyc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
You may find your company will tell you to go back home. Unless of course your not signed off sick. I tried to go back whilst still on the sick and they wouldn't let me. All to do with liability in the event you injure yourself further whilst on work premises.
I haven't been signed off, in fact most of the service I received was pretty poor didn't get any real feed back about the op. It was just a quick you can go home after your 3rd lot of antibiotics and we'll see you on the 2nd June to check it and put into plaster. Then had to wait nearly 2 hours for some paracetamol and codeine phosphate.
Old 21-05-08, 07:13 PM   #24
aadeyc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
get an xbox and gta4!
I can't hold the controller properly, might have to get a wheel so i can play all my driving games
Old 21-05-08, 07:23 PM   #25
philbut

Sorry to hear you're out of action fella, but at least THIS thread doesnt involve a crash. at least you still have a nice shiney bike to look at - all the poor bu**ers who keep crashing have a big ebay bill to pay too
Old 21-05-08, 07:50 PM   #26
Stig

I'd take a trip down to the GP and get yourself signed off sick. That is of course unless your work only involves you using your legs.
Old 21-05-08, 08:09 PM   #27
aadeyc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
I'd take a trip down to the GP and get yourself signed off sick. That is of course unless your work only involves you using your legs.
I'm going to see how I feel on Friday. My job is 90% comp work so can do it left handed just a bit slower than normal. I can't make the 25 mile commute to Oxford but have spoken about working in the office 10 mins walk away. My work are being very good about it all and saying to make sure I'm alright to come back and if I go back and then don't feel up to working the full day then to just go home.
Old 21-05-08, 08:17 PM   #28
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadeyc73 View Post
I'm going to see how I feel on Friday. My job is 90% comp work so can do it left handed just a bit slower than normal. I can't make the 25 mile commute to Oxford but have spoken about working in the office 10 mins walk away. My work are being very good about it all and saying to make sure I'm alright to come back and if I go back and then don't feel up to working the full day then to just go home.
Hah. I had 4 weeks off work for an operation on my little finger.
Old 23-05-08, 06:01 PM   #29
KnightRider
Mega Poster

aadeyc73 - get well soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogden View Post
The whole leg-breaking bit of the TVSF initiation only counts if you do it on a bike, you know.

I'm quite impressed by my TT-racing mate. He stacked his souped up 10R at the weekend and left himself with two broken legs, a broken foot and a broken jaw. Oops.
Was this the guy with the bike that everyone crashes!!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-08, 07:30 PM   #30
ogden
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Was this the guy with the bike that everyone crashes!!
Yep. No prizes for guessing what he was riding.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote