SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 25-03-20, 10:04 PM   #6861
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

There's a documentary on Vivian that I want to watch if I can find it. Going to be off for three weeks from tomorrow evening. If you want a lump to weild JR you should try the Kiev 88!

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 10:23 PM   #6862
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Mirror slap stronger than a pimp's backhand!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-20, 08:58 PM   #6863
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Checked the speeds on the Ikoflex IIa, they are slow and inconsistent, so it'll need a clean before use. It has an auto frame counter/winder that also cokks the shutter, and it needs a sort of masonic handshake combination of fiddling to engage it for a new film. Not looked at the Ic yet so it's still jammed.
Old 26-03-20, 09:24 PM   #6864
Kenzie

Self timer probably. People can't help but fiddle with them. Unless the camera has been serviced, leave them alone. I'm done at work until mid April, but looking at the number of cases cropping up it doesn't look like it will go away soon.
Old 26-03-20, 10:24 PM   #6865
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I don't know, it's solid as in metal against metal, rather than gunked up. It does have a VXM switch so it could have been crossed up with that and just needs releasing. I tried again with the Mamiya Auto Deluxe, and it's going to be sold for spares. It's a Copal SVK shutter which is Japanese code for Even We Don't Know How It Works. This one does have the self-timer and M-sync engaged together, but it also has a small metal tab inside broken off which is required to adjust the shutter speed, and trying to get it apart if like trying to undo the Gordian knot. Pants.
Nah we're going to be locked down for quite some time, time to find something time-consuming to do.
Old 27-03-20, 12:55 PM   #6866
Kenzie

Well I've been doing some odd jobs. Had a gap letting a draft into the conservatory so just filled it will expanding foam. Cut a new floor for the airing cupboard and doing some laundry. Might dig out the Yashica EM and carry on tinkering.

Last edited by Kenzie; 27-03-20 at 02:33 PM.
Old 27-03-20, 01:58 PM   #6867
yokohama

Yeah, little jobs around the house to break the boredom are good. I might start spring cleaning next, 1 room a day. Like you, I've a few cameras that need bits of work too.
I'm still thinning out the collection. Yashica FR1 and the Vivitar 35ES both sold this week.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-20, 02:34 PM   #6868
Kenzie

Not much doing with the EM. I attempted a repair to the meter wire on the K1000 but the solder wouldn't take. Oh well. Dug out the OM1 with the 50mm f3.5 macro and took a few shots of the daffs.

Old 27-03-20, 10:38 PM   #6869
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Had a look at the Ikoflex IIa, another partial success. Couldn't get the escapement off to clean it, I need a tiny pin spanner about 3mm across, so in the end I put it all back together. Not before dropping a screw inside, which was a right laugh to get back out, accidentally disconnecting the shutter cokking/double exposure prevention and also making a mess of the little indicator windows for aperture and shutter speed. After that I may have buggered up the collimation (though no idea how good it was to start with), and I blinded myself finding out the flash sync works.
Old 28-03-20, 09:03 AM   #6870
Kenzie

Got to love working on old cameras. I really need to learn how to process my own colour film, would save so much money. Could do with one of those Jobo home developer kits.