SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 19-05-11, 02:32 PM   #31
Electro

Default Re: Farmers Arms, Wednesday 18th May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
glad to see chivalry is not dead!
If Ness would have rode back with Mark and Myself she wouldn't have been stuck mate

Ness when u text someone saying ur lost it's nice to answer the texts sent back so said person is aware that things are ok!!!
Old 19-05-11, 02:36 PM   #32
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiNess View Post
wheres blue poo??? (have no idea what the wagon r is but must be bad
Using Poo every day & seems to be fine now, but had to deliver a hire car for the company.
Custard WILL be out to play VERY soon, just putting her back together, then M.O.T. She will only come out on dry days though

Last edited by Luckypants; 19-05-11 at 03:08 PM.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 03:19 PM   #33
SuzukiNess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro View Post
If Ness would have rode back with Mark and Myself she wouldn't have been stuck mate

Ness when u text someone saying ur lost it's nice to answer the texts sent back so said person is aware that things are ok!!!
sorry, i didnt think you would have wanted a text after 12 from me

but i know for next time (soz!!!)
Old 19-05-11, 06:39 PM   #34
Daywalker

Ness you've got my mobile number still, just a call would have got home safe & sound a lot early'er, good to know your ok see u next meet
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 06:46 PM   #35
Speedy Claire

Blooming eck Ness... sounds a nightmare!! glad you got home finally albeit rather late.
Old 19-05-11, 06:48 PM   #36
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
glad to see chivalry is not dead!

Sounds like a right nightmare 'Ness, glad you got home safe and sound although very late.

I`m sure that if Electro and Daywalker had seen Ness they`d have stopped to ensure she was okay. These 2 guys are gents!
Old 19-05-11, 07:09 PM   #37
Electro

Its not often my name and gent are used in the same sentence lol, thank you Claire, you mighty fine laydeee xx

If the bike or Ness had been spotted we would have been pulling stoppies to assist. Ness has been suitably chastised for hiding from us lol.
Old 19-05-11, 07:32 PM   #38
RavenWire

flippin eck ness sounds like you had a mare! Next time you're lost in warrington you'll have to give me a shout lol

at least you got home in one piece thatas the main thing
Old 19-05-11, 07:36 PM   #39
Daywalker

thanks claire, for sure if we'd spotted ness in the shadows we would have pulled over but i dont recall seeing a bike parked up. Hope to see you next meet .
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 08:57 PM   #40
DaveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiNess View Post
I had a rather eventful ride home.. half a mile before the M56 i ran out of fuel... walked the (what seemed like 5 miles but was probably only 1/2mile ) back to the BP garage.. had to purchase a massive fuel container for a tenner (considering i only had £16 on me it was a bit hefty!) after the foreign shop guy threatened to call the police when i said i was gonna empty a 2l water bottle and put fuel in that and he said "against the law, no, must buy container" so 1 x fuel container and £6 worth of fuel purchased and i headed back to the bike - Daywalker and Electro flew past (sounded awesome) and could hear you guys from quite a way off ... bike fuelled, headed off down the dual onto the roundabout only to meet some guy placing cones across the exit to the motorway with a diversion sign... that being the only way i knew how to get home and losing the diversion signs and knowing i had minimal fuel and no money to purchase any more i somehow managed to end up in Warrington... found signs to Manchester and followed them with and thoughts i'd be home soon.. (it was about 10.30pm by then!) only to be met at the top of the roundabout with the 2nd Road closed - follow diversion sign stopped just off the roundabout and called a friend in Warrington who directed me to the M62 (assuring me it was the M56 that had road works and was closed).. i had a serious case of dejuva when i got back to the top of the roundabout.... (travelled between jct11 and jct12 x 2 )and was ready to lose the plot at this stage.. Friend then met me at 11.30, fueled the bike for me and i followed him to the M6 with directions to the M56.. i stopped outside my house at 12.02 - with really toasty warm hands and the rest of the body frozen cold and utter relief i had, what should of been a 30 min journey lasted 3h30mins, eventually got home...

so, i have learnt...
  • Pete is thirsty - very thirsty and 110miles out of a tank of fuel is all i will get
  • When the fuel light comes on.. thats about 4-5ltrs of fuel and it dont go that far
  • Never ever leave home without wallet (i dont normally but maybe i had to learn the lesson??)
  • i need to purchase a map and keep it under the seat
anyway, nice to see new and old faces again

You actually drove passed my place... Its one of them.. If only you would have known.. Could have saved lots of Messing and worry!!

Need to get to the next one but the bike is still off the road.... NOT for much longer tho!!

Dave