SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 18-06-07, 06:05 PM   #1
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default Rossi - where next?

Considering the amount of shuffling about the teams are going to have after the next couple of seasons and the amount of praise rossi gives stoner i think rossi will be off to ducati after the yammy contracts up to re-gain the title before bowing out.
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 11:45 AM   #2
weazelz

Default Re: Rossi - where next?

don't know about rossi, but I'd be amazed if Edwards stay at Yam for next year
Old 19-06-07, 11:55 AM   #3
Pedrosa

Fellas you might be lagging behind the news a little here. It is strongly murmured over here in europe that Andrea Dovizioso,(who continues to ride the wheels off his Honda in the 250 class) has already been signed by Ducati.

Loris will be stepping down to take little Rocco for walks with Ingrid on Sundays after this season. Ducati will then have two excellent Young Guns heading up their Moto GP challenge.

There are many that view Rossi's lack of Ducati on his CV as a great shame and to have seen him challenge on an Italian bike once more would have been great to see.

However him not signing for Ducati I believe has never been a question of money, but more how many of his entourage he would want to take with him. Ducati are a very close knit unit and pushing excellent and loyal staff to one side simply to suit Valentino has never been an option.

Last edited by Pedrosa; 19-06-07 at 11:56 AM. Reason: error
Old 19-06-07, 01:23 PM   #4
The Basket

Edwards will most certianly be gone.

Jacque gone too.

Maybe Hayden.

Poor old Capirex for the chop.

I think Rossi may be limited for where next. If he asks too much of Ducati and Honda won't have him back...then limited where he can go next.

A full-on Ducati privateer ride with full Ducati factory backing shouldnt be a problem...especially with his sponsorship money.
Old 19-06-07, 02:13 PM   #5
sinbad

I thought there was some odd rumour that Rossi may have his own team (a 3rd Yamaha factory bike I suppose), and someone would take his place alongside Edwards......but I find that hard to believe.

I also think J.T is in with a shout of a decent GP ride, at least on one of the "front running" Honda bikes.

If not Dovi (I thought he was lined up to boot Hayden into Superbikes somewhere :P), then maybe Melandri for the second Duc, that would be nice, but I dunno how long he's signed to Gresini for.
Old 19-06-07, 03:01 PM   #6
Pedrosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
I thought there was some odd rumour that Rossi may have his own team (a 3rd Yamaha factory bike I suppose), and someone would take his place alongside Edwards......but I find that hard to believe.

I also think J.T is in with a shout of a decent GP ride, at least on one of the "front running" Honda bikes.

If not Dovi (I thought he was lined up to boot Hayden into Superbikes somewhere :P), then maybe Melandri for the second Duc, that would be nice, but I dunno how long he's signed to Gresini for.
I cant see that Rossi option happening in truth as not for even him would Yamaha give priority over their factory riders.

Lorenzo is already pencilled in with Yamaha apparently and so Colin will be on his way to join Troy and the others in the seniors,(WSB)

JT getting a Honda satelite ride is looking a very good bet to me and maybe that will see Carlos Checa also go play with the wrinklies?(he is another that despie a lot of weight loss, he is too big boned for the 800cc bike) Let's not forget the big possibility that KR Team could fold at the end of this season and that will free up another Honda.

Marco would be so exciting on a Ducati and my choice would have been him,(at this stage) over Dovi. However Ducati MUST have an Italian rider these days otherwise it's like eating bolognese without the sauce! Therefore the thought of 2 riders of non Italian nationality I think was never going to happen.

I am 100% sure that Marco is totally p*ssed at the equipment and support he is once again getting from Honda and would love to move on but I think he is locked in for next year at least. If HRC can smoozle Marco, the carrot of a full factory ride in 2009 when Nicky has had enough could be the key to keep him riding Honda. I personally think he has more than paid his dues on satelite bikes to now deserve a full factory ride.

Last edited by Pedrosa; 19-06-07 at 03:09 PM. Reason: error
Old 19-06-07, 03:18 PM   #7
sinbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
Marco would be so exciting on a Ducati and my choice would have been him,(at this stage) over Dovi. However Ducati MUST have an Italian rider these days otherwise it's like eating bolognese without the sauce! Therefore the thought of 2 riders of non Italian nationality I think was never going to happen.
So err, where is Melandri from then? This another one of your "tests"?
Old 19-06-07, 03:21 PM   #8
Pedrosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
So err, where is Melandri from then? This another one of your "tests"?

That is what I mean, Marco would be perfect choice and so is Dovi because of nationality amongst other qualities. A non Italian joining up with Casey was a definite non starter. (cheeky geezer you is!)
Old 19-06-07, 03:25 PM   #9
glsuk1970

Hasn't Rossi signed with Yamaha for 2 seasons, or have I been experimenting too much with my medication again?
Old 19-06-07, 05:09 PM   #10
Pedrosa

Yep Rossi stays with Yamaha for 2008 and then I think he will quit.