SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-05-19, 08:10 AM   #1
Othen

Default The perfect bike

Yesterday I fitted some heated grips to my Triumph Scrambler. Today it is the perfect bike (I’ve just been out for a ride in the spring sunshine):

... my SV650S is a really nice bike as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-19, 08:32 AM   #2
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: The perfect bike

I chat regularly with a guy with an aircooled scrambler, he likes it but says his low fuel light comes on at 105/110 miles and he usually only gets 40-45 mpg and he's not a quick rider (he says).

To me, it always smells "rich" when he starts up but the dealer says it's ok. He has Triumph's accessory pipe on it.

I do like the look, Triumph have some good looking bikes, I just wish they were made in the UK but I suppose then they'd be too expensive.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 08:55 AM   #3
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I chat regularly with a guy with an aircooled scrambler, he likes it but says his low fuel light comes on at 105/110 miles and he usually only gets 40-45 mpg and he's not a quick rider (he says).

To me, it always smells "rich" when he starts up but the dealer says it's ok. He has Triumph's accessory pipe on it.

I do like the look, Triumph have some good looking bikes, I just wish they were made in the UK but I suppose then they'd be too expensive.

Mine is a 2006 bike (the last of the carburettor models) that doesn’t have a low fuel light, even better - it has an old fashioned fuel tap with a reserve position. I like it because it has everything a bike needs, but not one iota more. I take the point about fuel range though:110-120 miles before going on to reserve (the same as my K6). Small tank capacity is the quid pro quo for the bikes looks - and its ability to leap barbed wire fences whilst evading border guards.

I bought my bike new in Maryland and shipped it back with me at the end of that posting. It was certainly made in England (at Hinckley), and I think a lot of the current Triumphs are as well (I think the company also has a factory in Malaysia, which is reputed to produce higher quality bikes, I don’t know whether that is true or not).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-19, 12:12 PM   #4
Seeker
Mega Poster

Triumph has 3 factories in Thailand, 1 in Brazil and 2 in Hinckley. Speed Triples, Tiger Sports, and Rocket 3s are made in UK as was the Daytona until it was discontinued.
I don't suppose it matters these days but I was disappointed to learn my street triple was made in Thailand, at the time I thought all Triumphs were UK made.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 12:52 PM   #5
Craig380
Mega Poster

Love the exhausts on the Scramblers.

Today, my AL7 was perfect, too. We were first to Lyn Tegid, Bala, this morning:

Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 03:34 PM   #6
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Love the exhausts on the Scramblers.

That is a very nice bike indeed.

Air cooled Triumphs and SVs are similar in a lot of ways - 60-80 HP and around 400 lbs, for me that has always been the best formula for a bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-19, 08:37 PM   #7
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post

Same colour as my AL7, I have front fenda extenda and a hugger but otherwise they are twins... ( I know, V twins ). More than happy with mine.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 12-05-19 at 08:38 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote