SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-05-07, 03:26 PM   #1
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Single so bike must go

Well today I officially became single again. So my bike has to go but I need your help cause being a girlie I don't know how much is a fair price.

I did my license and it was something me and the ex did together, if I keep her I will always think about him when I ride her, soppy sod but hey ho.

What do you think I should ask.

K4 black SV650s with original Suzuki lower fairings, hugger and seat cowl.
Akroprovic can
Datatool alarm
Datatag
Just under 4,000 miles
Just been taxed 6 mths on
Immaculate condition

I don't want to see her go but things happen for a reason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SMALL BIKE.JPG (38.6 KB, 2 views)
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-07, 03:27 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Single so bike must go

No idea about price on the bike, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to answer that

Sorry to hear about the crappy time though.

EDIT: Oh yea, and do stick around on the forum, at least from time to time. I'm sure I'll be in need of some photoshop work at some point

Last edited by Baph; 23-05-07 at 03:32 PM.
Old 23-05-07, 03:31 PM   #3
hovis

dont do it

i would say £3000 ish....... but keep the bike **** him

Last edited by hovis; 23-05-07 at 03:39 PM.
Old 23-05-07, 03:58 PM   #4
stuartyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
being a girlie I don't know how much is a fair price.... if I keep her I will always think about him when I ride her, soppy sod but hey ho.
Tarnished goods I couldn't buy it on account of I'd be too sad to go on it because I'd be thinking about you thinking about him...it would make me sad.
Old 23-05-07, 04:00 PM   #5
Alpinestarhero

Are you planning on buying anoher bike when you get it?

There'll be nothing better than riding say...a nice new ducati....

Anyways, I reckon you'll get no less than 3K, but black ones are very cool so I think you could ask a bit more, if its in good nick (im sure it is)

Matt
Old 23-05-07, 04:13 PM   #6
Toypop

Keep the bike. Your head is back to front.

If I split up with someone and had to sell my bike then every time I saw them I would think of my bike and get upset.

No person other than a blood relative is worth more than your bike.

Unless of course you are going to get to upgrade to a new bike in which case go for it. The bike is the best antidote to being single.
Old 23-05-07, 04:17 PM   #7
diamond

I agree with Toypop, keep the bike. Cos with your logic you'd have to sell everything you own just in case it reminded you.
Nothing like a good blat out on the bike to clear the mind and blow away the cobwebs.
Old 23-05-07, 04:17 PM   #8
gettin2dizzy

keep the bike in spite of him bummer about that, but having a bike may lead to you meeting your new man of your dreams! If you are sure you want to sell, a black pointy is at the top of a lot of peoples lists, so you could get more than you'd expect
Old 23-05-07, 04:19 PM   #9
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toypop View Post
The bike is the best antidote to being single.
Yea, I get into lots of weird conversations with guys. Anything from the old guy who rides a wing & does 500miles a year, through to the chav I met the other day who claimed to of written off a ZX636 riding at 140mph on a 2mile long straight (work it out), and finding a patch of ice. Not a scratch on him rather miraculously!

The bike surely is a way to meet new people.
Old 23-05-07, 04:27 PM   #10
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Cheers guys I don't know what to do, all I can say if someone makes me an offer that is decent she can go. I have only had her 7 months, she is my first bike and to be honest I don't think I will ride again, and that's not because of him either, it's because I lack in confidence when riding.

Also if I used her the way I feel I will probably total her and me and that not good, don't want her stuck in the garage, I want someone to ride her and enjoy her specially with summer coming up. I am mad in a car when upset so jumping on bike wouldn't be good.

May turn lesbian, less heart ache LOL
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote