SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-01-17, 11:35 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default SV650A L7 flyscreen

here's pictures of the official Suzuki flyscreen or, as they describe it, meter visor. I like the look of it which is just as well since it costs approx £1.40 per sq inch (or £125 if you buy the whole thing).

I haven't ridden with it yet so I don't know how much difference it'll make.

Please excuse the messy garage.

Last edited by Seeker; 08-11-17 at 03:34 PM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-17, 01:56 PM   #2
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650A L7 flyscreen

I got the MRA one but it had an upturned lip at the top which created horrendous turbulence and noise in my previously quiet helmets, I cut the top 75mm off and got rid of most of the noise. At least yours does not seem to have a lip like that, would be interesting to see if you notice increase in wind noise. By the way, if you think your garage is messy I hope you never see mine lol.

What sort of seat have you fitted, looks nice.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 07-01-17 at 01:58 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-17, 04:40 PM   #3
madjohn

I've just seen the screen on the Suzuki web site. Looks nice but overpriced as always.

Is that the aftermarket Suzuki seat fitted to your bike. I'm thinking of getting one. Any feed back in how comfortable it is.

Madjohn.
Old 15-01-17, 10:31 AM   #4
macamxthe1st

I had my seat done by the same company in Lincolnshire that Seeker did (their name eludes me at the moment) It cost £140 and for me has made a big difference in comfort. I did have an issue with porosity due to the stitching but I appear to have overcome this with "seam sealer" from the camping world. For me it was money well spent and I hear from others that the Suzuki option is no great improvement, Seats are a very individual thing and Seeker's view may be very different.

Geoff.
Old 15-01-17, 11:11 AM   #5
madjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by macamxthe1st View Post
I had my seat done by the same company in Lincolnshire that Seeker did (their name eludes me at the moment) It cost £140 and for me has made a big difference in comfort. I did have an issue with porosity due to the stitching but I appear to have overcome this with "seam sealer" from the camping world. For me it was money well spent and I hear from others that the Suzuki option is no great improvement, Seats are a very individual thing and Seeker's view may be very different.

Geoff.
I was thinking of going for the suzuki option but i'm not sure now. There is a guy on Westgate Rd who does seats. D.P leathers. I might go and have a word with him and see what he can do.

Last edited by madjohn; 15-01-17 at 11:15 AM.
Old 15-01-17, 11:26 AM   #6
macamxthe1st

Not my subject but a person who is supposedly in the know tells me that part of the problem with stock seats is the restrictions placed on the foams that they can use due to fire regs etc. (when was the last time your seat caught fire, vindaloo's excepted).

Geoff.
Old 15-01-17, 11:58 AM   #7
macamxthe1st

Remembered, Core motorcycle seats, Lincoln.

Geoff.
Old 19-01-17, 09:05 AM   #8
Seeker
Mega Poster

One last thing about the Suzuki flyscreen. The white screen is not pearl glacier white (the colour of the bike) it's just "white", so it's not an exact colour match.

Suzuki only do two colours for the screen; red and white - so if you have a black bike you're either out of luck or you have a choice depending whether your glass is half full or half empty. Personally, I thought it was an odd decision by Suzuki; what they should have done was: 3 different colours of bikes, 3 different screens matched to the respective bike's colour (but this is the company that doesn't sell paint for the wheels - so maybe it's me that's odd).
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote