SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-06-07, 12:36 AM   #1
heros

Default Parking Ticket

Ok iv been issued a parking ticket for not parking in a motorcycle parking bay (was parked next to it) am wondering whether i have a leg to stand on to argue this as i was under the presumption parking for motorcycles was free in my council area? i mean on the pay & display boards theres no mention motorcycles having to park in the designated area or whether parking is free.
Old 03-06-07, 12:47 AM   #2
MiniMatt

Default Re: Parking Ticket

Depends if you want the hassle really, and the costs, it can end up costing a fair bit more if you contest it and fail.

I guess the "no mention motorcycles have to park in the designated area" bit is covered by the usual "park within marked bays" - which is naturally aimed at stopping chelsea tractors parking across two bays, but could equally be applied to motorcycles if the council wants to interpret it that way.

Is motorcycle parking free within the bike bay? If so then I'm guessing their line would be "you weren't parked within the bike bay, therefore you pay car prices".

If you weren't obstructing anyone, or taking up an otherwise fee generating space then it sounds more than a little harsh, but probably a "tough luck" situation tbh. Baph's getting quite inventive in his parking disputes, he may drop by and give some better ideas
Old 03-06-07, 12:51 AM   #3
heros

hehe am just wondering as dad reckons i shud try argue it but i dnt wanna have to pay nemore than £30 as am a student n all
Old 03-06-07, 03:00 AM   #4
kcowgergmm

i got a 2.00 dollar parking ticket for parking in front of the court building to go to court. i was like d@mn i already payed them a ton today and they have to suck two more dollars out of me
Old 03-06-07, 10:51 AM   #5
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcowgergmm View Post
i got a 2.00 dollar parking ticket for parking in front of the court building to go to court. i was like d@mn i already payed them a ton today and they have to suck two more dollars out of me
$2? You joking? That's all of £1 - less than it costs to park most places here.

So what did you get fined for???
Old 03-06-07, 11:40 AM   #6
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
$2? You joking? That's all of £1 - less than it costs to park most places here.

So what did you get fined for???
Parking fines are €30 and upwards around here! $2?!
Old 03-06-07, 11:42 AM   #7
Baph

Ladies & gents, I think the man means $200, not $2.00
Old 03-06-07, 12:45 PM   #8
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcowgergmm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Are you sure?
Old 03-06-07, 02:38 PM   #9
kcowgergmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
no it was $2.00 two dollars just enough to **** you off seeing as you know they just suckered $250 dollars out of me in court fees.
Old 03-06-07, 02:52 PM   #10
Tim in Belgium

What were you doing in court, or is that too rude to ask?