SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-11-06, 10:16 PM   #1
BILLY

Default Northern pocket bike club

For all of you near or around Hull with kids who have mini motos I've just qualifide as a coach and a track Marshall and we are affiliated with the ACU. It's somewhere they can ride them legally in a safe enviroment and lots of fun http://beehive.thisishull.co.uk/defa...8&PageID=86263

BILLY
Old 17-11-06, 12:16 AM   #2
pmapp
Mega Poster

Superb stuff.

Not mentioned it on these forums yet but I've been involved with the minimoto's / minibike's since they arrived in the country (about 15 - 16 years ago).

The MMRA (nation wide championship) has seen the issues created by the surge of kids getting the bikes as toys. I personally think it's a great move to create something along these lines - and then hopefully point those who want to move onto the next step to the race meetings.

Links that may be useful, although I'm sure you've seen already:

http://www.mmra.org.uk/

www.minimotosidecars.org - what I am now mainly involved in (3rd time British F1 championship team )

Keep up the excellent work, please do contact me if theres anything I might be able to help with.

Phil

If at first you don't succeed - use more gaffa tape.
pmapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-06, 03:00 PM   #3
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Apologies if this is a crap question... know anywhere in the area where you can have ago on a minimoto/pocket bike? I don't think I want to get one but have a quick blast would be good.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-06, 03:41 PM   #4
BILLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod
Apologies if this is a crap question... know anywhere in the area where you can have ago on a minimoto/pocket bike? I don't think I want to get one but have a quick blast would be good.
At the moment we have an age limit of 18 this is because we are aiming at stopping the kids riding illegally. It was mentioned about getting rid of the limit but we need permission off the ACU.
Old 17-11-06, 04:44 PM   #5
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I'm well over 18! Perhaps I am geting these mixed up with minimotos? I've always wanted a go on one of those little fireworks
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-06, 05:12 PM   #6
BILLY

These are minimotos We are at Craven park rugby ground in hull on Sunday You welcome to come and have a look at the moment there's no where in hull to ride them legally except on our track days!
Old 20-11-06, 01:20 PM   #7
Jase22

Is this only for kids, or is it open to big kids?
Old 20-11-06, 01:49 PM   #8
Daimo

Good for you...

The government and poice are happy to just "Ban" them without actually addressing the issue rather than shunning it off (hmmmmm, never heard of that before)...

If they provided more mini race tracks, that didn't charge the kids £50 to go on it all day, they'd find many of them WOULD go to the tracks.

I never enjoyed riding around on mine, always prefferred racing it round a set track away from the public. More chance to have fun and less chance of hurting someone else.
Old 20-11-06, 04:46 PM   #9
BILLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase22
Is this only for kids, or is it open to big kids?
We are trying to get the age limit lifted set by the ACU so the big kids can have a go

ATM it's 6-18 years of age!!
Old 20-11-06, 05:47 PM   #10
socommk23

grrr! i wanna go!!!