SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-04-13, 01:54 PM   #21
Davies

Default Re: RIP Maggie Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
probably the same place she put your education

WHERES

where's
Old 08-04-13, 02:05 PM   #22
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Whatever your leanings, people now laughing/gloating about the death of an old woman... well I find that incredibly distasteful.

Coming up from humble background (unlike the recent bunch of public schooled poofters, including the "workers party" ones!), knocking back the Marxist influenced unions who were a serious risk to the nation, avoiding practical national bankruptcy and giving the Argies a good shoeing. Worthy of respect even if you disagree with parts of the history, I think even a lot of her mortal enemies in government have shown her that much.

Or is Thatcherism enough of an excuse to cast aside all semblances of honour and decency?
Old 08-04-13, 02:23 PM   #23
robh539

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Whatever your leanings, people now laughing/gloating about the death of an old woman... well I find that incredibly distasteful.

Coming up from humble background (unlike the recent bunch of public schooled poofters, including the "workers party" ones!), knocking back the Marxist influenced unions who were a serious risk to the nation, avoiding practical national bankruptcy and giving the Argies a good shoeing. Worthy of respect even if you disagree with parts of the history, I think even a lot of her mortal enemies in government have shown her that much.

Or is Thatcherism enough of an excuse to cast aside all semblances of honour and decency?
Well put
Old 08-04-13, 02:54 PM   #24
jambo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post

Quite right. I wasn't old enough to be terribly political at the time, so it's dead easy to look back and judge, but I can't without doing it from the deeply favourable position of coming from the future. Which is kind of cheating.

From what I've read I'd have been with her on a lot of issues, and against on a few, but currently we have a choice of PM's who are only interested in being in power and making money for their mates. And that's all 3 of the main parties.

RIP

Jambo
Old 08-04-13, 03:01 PM   #25
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

I've been trying to think of a way to express my thoughts on the passing of this woman, and failing, Then I read this article and it sums it all up for me

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ref_map=%5B%5D
Old 08-04-13, 03:14 PM   #26
tigersaw
Mega Poster

The greatest politician I've ever known (not personally)
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 03:37 PM   #27
Dave81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
I've been trying to think of a way to express my thoughts on the passing of this woman, and failing, Then I read this article and it sums it all up for me

Here, here. Rest in profit, indeed.
Old 08-04-13, 03:37 PM   #28
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post

Well I don't agree with all Mr Routledge wrote there,but the gist of it is pretty much my view of the Thatcher years too.
Old 08-04-13, 03:42 PM   #29
Blueperson

Beanfield. Criminal Justice Act. Clause 28. I'm glad the <removed by Mod> is dead and will be seeking out her grave to <removed by Mod> on it. Greed and profit for the individual over any sense of community. Honour and decency (yorkie_chris et al) were not in her vocabulary and (IMHO) she deserves neither.

Last edited by Supervox; 08-04-13 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Removal of swear words
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 08-04-13, 03:48 PM   #30
daveyrach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueperson View Post
Beanfield. Criminal Justice Act. Clause 28. I'm glad the <removed by Mod> is dead and will be seeking out her grave to <removed by Mod> on it. Greed and profit for the individual over any sense of community. Honour and decency (yorkie_chris et al) were not in her vocabulary and (IMHO) she deserves neither.
Woah not needed!

Last edited by Supervox; 08-04-13 at 04:30 PM.
daveyrach is offline   Reply With Quote