SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-06-16, 02:07 PM   #401
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: Top Gear is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!

If they added "Chris Harris on Cars" into the main program that would be full of win. Chris Harris is legend
If they just did a bigger budget version of Chris Harris on cars I'd be happy.

What's really peed me off is he's obviously not allowed to make Youtube videos while assigned to Top Gear, then they give him 5 mins on an online only program.

I'd love to know what they're drinking at the BBC
Old 02-06-16, 02:14 PM   #402
Skip
Mega Poster

Totally with you there Lenny - I have really missed his YouTube stuff
Old 03-06-16, 05:17 AM   #403
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Same old format.
No life in the thing
To much blowing smoke up the r see.
OK Well it's early days.
But was hopping to see a new show...
Old 04-06-16, 09:50 AM   #404
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
If they just did a bigger budget version of Chris Harris on cars I'd be happy.

What's really peed me off is he's obviously not allowed to make Youtube videos while assigned to Top Gear, then they give him 5 mins on an online only program.

I'd love to know what they're drinking at the BBC
If only! They should know by his channel how good he is with the relatively small budget and team he makes some cracking videos-the Hypercar trio (P1,918 & La Ferrari) is probably one of the best car reviews i've ever watched.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-16, 12:22 PM   #405
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Hopefully the rest of the series will be less of Evans and more of the talented presenters. It needs to bed down a bit and adapt to opinion, which I hope they listen to.
Old 04-06-16, 11:36 PM   #406
rowdy

I disliked it, I thought Evans was annoying, I thought LeBlanc was wooden in the studio links, the star in a reasonably priced car segment was cringeworthy. LeBlancs piece on the Ariel Nomad was only half decent film in the programme, seemed quite natural at actually testing a vehicle. Like most I was not overly impressed.

Then, I thought, what was Evans supposed to do with the show. He clearly loves Top Gear, and is only trying to do the best job that he can with it.
Then, I read this crap http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/even...-truck-is.html

Lost the plot springs to mind. Needless rant about 'haters', or, more specifically, his target audience. Needless pop at the previous presenters, none of whom have commented negatively about his version of the show. A delusional idea about the 'success' of the first show judging it from a viewing figure point of view, many of which would have watched out of curiosity, all nailed on to a p!ss poor car (truck) review that read like he got his child to write it with the help of a sales brochure.

I was one of the 6 million viewers, that watched because I was a fan of the show, that would either watch it or sky + it in the past. I will probably watch it tomorrow night cos the missus has gone to Spain. Other than that, on the strength of the first episode I will no longer be bothered if I miss it or not.

So, No Mr Evans, it is not a success.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-16, 07:30 PM   #407
Geodude
Mega Poster

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz im trying to enjoy it but its just so empty..

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 07:06 AM   #408
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
I will no longer be bothered if I miss it or not.
I watched it again last night whilst in the garage - purely because I was doing something else so had it on in the background. If I have something better to watch/do then I wont be fussed if I miss it...
Old 06-06-16, 08:37 AM   #409
L3nny
Mega Poster

Watched the second episode last night just to see if it would get any better. Sadly it was even worse. It's turned into a celebrity circle jerk.
I can't recall any actual car information about the 3 "off roaders" being discussed and the McLaren review was just "WOAH THIS IS SO FAST! LOOK HERE'S JENSON BUTTON, HE'S AMAZING, THIS CAR IS AMAZING, I'M AMAZING, YEAH SUPER COOL, WHOOOOOO!!!"
Old 06-06-16, 08:37 AM   #410
L3nny
Mega Poster

Watched the second episode last night just to see if it would get any better. Sadly it was even worse. It's turned into a celebrity circle jerk.
I can't recall any actual car information about the 3 "off roaders" being discussed and the McLaren review was just "WOAH THIS IS SO FAST! LOOK HERE'S JENSON BUTTON, HE'S AMAZING, THIS CAR IS AMAZING, I'M AMAZING, YEAH SUPER COOL, WHOOOOOO!!!"