SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 08-12-14, 08:35 PM   #1
mister c
Mega Poster

Default My latest projects.

Right, here we are. This was my Peugeot Speedfight when it was finished.

These are my CBX's on day 1

And this is where I'm up to at the minute. i won't bore you with all of the ins & outs, but it's basically a nut & bolt rebuild & it's flaming hard work after messing with single cylinders & 2 strokes.

the paintwork is a LOT worse than it looks in the pictures & I'm having problems with the carbs, but it'll get there

I've also rebuilt a Little GN125 for the missus, but she hasn't ridden it yet. This was bought for £200. I spent about £150 on new chinese bits & it runs well.

And this is the bike that needs some serious love & attention. I wished that the guy that has it knows how much it's worth. I could've bagged myself a bargain. It has sat in that place for at least 20 years gathering weeds lol. The engine is in pieces in a garage somewhere else. This CB750 Phil Read replica is 1 of only 150 built, so, when rebuilt could be worth more than £10000

Last edited by mister c; 08-12-14 at 08:39 PM.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 09:05 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: My latest projects.

Ignore my other post Col

For a bike that old, it looks pretty sweet, but if its not been touched for a while, I can understand why its a pig
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 09:43 PM   #3
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

More details on the CBX please, I like to read a good build thread.

And this CB is it now yours?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-14, 05:53 AM   #4
mister c
Mega Poster

I wish that CB was mine SH, but sadly, no, the bloke just wants me to renovate it for him.

I have taken shed loads of pictures of the CBX's. https://www.facebook.com/colin.hughe...6657430&type=1

Parts are a nightmare for it. They were only built for about 3 years & they didn't sell too well because of the Inboard Disc system. I owned one for 6 months about 25 years ago, but had to sell it because I was broke, so it's more nostalgia than trying to make any money on it.
Old 10-12-14, 02:11 PM   #5
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Well no one else is going to admit to it, but that Speedfight looks fabulous, I would gladly have a blast on one of those. Having never ridden a scooter, I can only imagine the fun they are.

I have always been fond of the CB and CBX, I recently did a tour around Southern Thailand on a new CB500 and the engine just purred away like a trooper and even handled on a muddy track through the rain forest. However that 750 will be a swine to do, but will be worth every broken finger nail and seized bolt. Good luck with that one.

I am in agreement with the other guys though, a build thread would be greatly enjoyable.

PS, welcome back. I know how it feels to grow disillusioned and leave, only to come back a while later with a different attitude. Nice work on the bikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 02:15 PM   #6
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Oooooh, I like the look of those CBX's

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-14, 06:59 AM   #7
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneflakes View Post
Well no one else is going to admit to it, but that Speedfight looks fabulous, I would gladly have a blast on one of those. Having never ridden a scooter, I can only imagine the fun they are.

I have always been fond of the CB and CBX, I recently did a tour around Southern Thailand on a new CB500 and the engine just purred away like a trooper and even handled on a muddy track through the rain forest. However that 750 will be a swine to do, but will be worth every broken finger nail and seized bolt. Good luck with that one.

I am in agreement with the other guys though, a build thread would be greatly enjoyable.

PS, welcome back. I know how it feels to grow disillusioned and leave, only to come back a while later with a different attitude. Nice work on the bikes.
cheers Jayne. The Speedy was a laugh to ride, it's just that I looked like a right **** riding it, so it had to go. I'm having problems with the CBX's engine. She doesn't want to run right whatever i do to it, but I will conquer it as I've got a spare engine for parts under my bench . When I have a bit of time I'll do a write up on the rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stretchie_ View Post
Oooooh, I like the look of those CBX's
I had one about 25 years ago Stretchie, so nostalgia took over lol. When it's done, it will be a keeper I think
Old 09-05-15, 07:06 PM   #8
mister c
Mega Poster

Quick update:
The Phil Read honda never came off, unfortunately. The guy hasn't said anything about it since.
The CBX550 is still at the same stage as it was before because I ended up buying one of, what I think, is an Icon of the 90's A ZXR750J1 Kawasaki. I've always wanted one since they were introduced, but never had the opportunity. It was only built for 2 years because Kawasaki thought that the Europeans were limiting the power of all large capacity bikes to 100bhp, but it never happened, so Kwak redesigned it with more power & different looks & called it the L. I think that the J is the best looking ZXR in the whole range, so when this one appeared for £350 I couldn't say no.

It was a stolen recovered that the guy couldn't be bothered with. It had been in a ditch for a while, then left in a shed for over 12 months, so was in quite a state.
I won't bore you too much, but it's had hours & hours spent on it cleaning & un siezing, painting & scrubbing & she now looks like this.

This is my photoshop image of how I want it to look. The wheels are going to be silver, or black, I can't make my mind up.
Old 09-05-15, 07:08 PM   #9
maviczap
Mega Poster

No wonder you've not been posting much, toooooo busy!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-15, 07:15 PM   #10
mister c
Mega Poster

Lol. In between I've also completely rebuilt a mates XT600. The output shaft was buggered, so had to rip the engine apart. That was fun! NOT!, but I'll be getting my house plastered free, so it's worth it