SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-03-23, 05:39 PM   #1191
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

Managed to get out with Mabel, and daughter Eleri for a short run this evening, in the woods behind Llanfyllin. It was an absolute mudfest! Just under 3 miles of slipping and sliding.
Time for a shower, and dinner before we go out now.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 07:09 PM   #1192
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

You don't find me in this thread very often...

My dad and his sister were quite the athletes when they were in school and, well, I'm not! It seems to have skipped a generation though, as The Monkey did the London Landmark Half Marathon today. It was her first "long" event and she beat her own estimate to come in at 2:42. We cheered her on a few times along the route and had a nice late lunch away from the crowds afterwards with her other half and two of their friends. Don't think she'll be taking her finishers medal off for quite a while yet. Good for her!!
Old 02-04-23, 08:30 PM   #1193
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Well done to her Trevor. She's braver than me; I really dislike running any sort of distance on tarmac!

Telford T50 Relay Challenge with Shropshire Canicross today. Mabel and I had a very short section of just 1.69 miles to run on the T50 Trail from the Ironbridge to Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron. It may have been a short section but it involved a very steep climb up about 200 steps. Then we ran more or less the same route in reverse back to Ironbridge.

As a team, we smashed our previous time of around 8h 30m over the 50 miles, bringing it down to a time of 6h 48m.

Given I had the steps to contend with, I was reasonably satisfied with my time, although I suspect if I'd had a bit more than 5½ hours sleep, I may well have been a lot faster. Erm...late night out with my girls playing music.....
Old 13-06-23, 07:15 PM   #1194
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Well, after two and a half months I made it out. Mabel and I went to meet a friend with her dogs over at the Breidden Hills at 7am this morning. We walked up to Rodneys Pillar and then ran a couple of miles down and through the woods until we came out into open ground again, at which point we went back to walking as it had by then become to hot for hounds and humans to run.
It was very good to get out though.
Old 20-06-23, 09:20 AM   #1195
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Out early this morning with Mabel and daughter Eleri for a short, slow, wet run. It didn't kill me despite not having run properly for weeks and weeks.

Just under 3 miles of woodlands, fields, and tracks in the pouring rain!
Old 22-06-23, 08:30 AM   #1196
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Back out again early this morning for a run of 3¼ miles with Mabel, Eleri, and another friend who's just restarting running. Very different to our wet run on Tuesday; dry, sunny, and very warm by the time we made it back.
Old 24-06-23, 08:07 AM   #1197
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Out for 3¼ miles this morning but didn't manage to record it. Paused the Garmin just down the road while waiting for a friend to join me, and forgot to restart it.

Very warm and muggy this morning, bit of a sweatfest!
Old 26-06-23, 11:01 AM   #1198
garynortheast
Mega Poster

A short run of just under 3 miles with Mabel this morning. Even at 7.15am it was a bit too warm for her so we didn't go far. It actually feels cooler now at mid day than it did earlier today.
Old 29-06-23, 08:58 AM   #1199
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Back out again this morning for an early run with Mabel, and a friend with her dogs, of just over 4 miles. Had one of my friends dogs, lovely little young Huntaway cross called Bailey, hooked up with Mabel and me. What a little superstar she is! Been some time since I've gone up hills that easily!
Old 22-07-23, 07:38 PM   #1200
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Out this afternoon for a run with Mabel for the first time in a few weeks. She'd developed a limp (probably arthritis) since I ran out of the joint care tablets for her. She's been back on them for just over two weeks now and is limping much less when she walks, and not at all when she runs.
We went out and ran a wet 3.6 miles with my daughter Eleri.