SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-09-07, 09:04 AM   #11
laMon

Default Re: Scuba Holiday with PADI qualification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoxe View Post
Yep, I did my open water in Cairns in December, several years ago. Cairns Dive Center and Prodive are both good outfits.

There is a company in london who offer scuba trips, and you can do courses or cert dive if you have a cert. http://www.bigsquid.co.uk/ I've not used them but am considering using them for my refresher.

When I was in Cairns it was cheaper to book through one of the small local tourest booking places rather than prebooking directly on the companies website!

Also, try and do a course that includes a "liveaboard", nothing like getting up at 5am for a dive

Enjoy!
Dan

"Liveaboard" a boat, sound fantastic! know anymore?
Old 23-09-07, 10:29 AM   #12
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoxe View Post
Yep, I did my open water in Cairns in December, several years ago. Cairns Dive Center and Prodive are both good outfits.

When I was in Cairns it was cheaper to book through one of the small local tourest booking places rather than prebooking directly on the companies website!

Also, try and do a course that includes a "liveaboard", nothing like getting up at 5am for a dive

Enjoy!
Dan
I've heard good stuff of both as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laMon View Post
Website Here
Old 23-09-07, 11:16 AM   #13
ralph

i did mine in egypt at sharm and it was cheaper to do it there including tha hotel than to do it in a quarry in uk nothing much else to do and lots of divers but then you can swap stories also some wreaks to dive
Old 23-09-07, 11:34 AM   #14
tomjones2

I have heard that Thialand island of Ko Tao is the cheapest in the world, not sure if this is true but its certainly cheap. I think the weather is good all year round but not sure when the storm season starts, living costs in thailand are also nice and low, most dive school give free accomodation with most courses.

Only problem is it gets quite busy, some of the bays where everyone goes for there first dive are riddiculous, a bit like that barclays advert a while back where everyone was diving in the same place.

Ko Tao is awesome as well if you like the laid back backpackers style of life, if you dont like backpackers best to stay clear, you might bump into one or two.

HTH
Old 23-09-07, 04:02 PM   #15
laMon

shadowangel
pls clear your pm box as it will not accept anymore pms
Old 23-09-07, 09:12 PM   #16
Sudoxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by laMon View Post
Quite a few places offer it, have a look when you book your trip. I know Carins Dive Center does, because I did mine with them and spent a night or two on board.

Cant recommend anyone else really, but its quite a common thing. Enjoy! Its great fun!

Dan
Old 23-09-07, 09:24 PM   #17
metalmonkey

Talking Re: Scuba Holiday with PADI qualification

I'm trying to find a cheap place in Egypt to go diving for a week anyone of where that would be good? I did the math with some places its like £500 for 7 days, which incldes hotel, flights 10 dives kit hire....I don't need all the kit just bcd and regs, I got a 3mm wet suit and dive computer etc.

I'm a Padi rescue diver and my mate is advanced I just need to do refersher before I dive its been more than 6 months....anyone any ideas? Only dived in the US and Mexico.
Old 23-09-07, 09:37 PM   #18
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
I'm trying to find a cheap place in Egypt to go diving for a week anyone of where that would be good? I did the math with some places its like £500 for 7 days, which incldes hotel, flights 10 dives kit hire....I don't need all the kit just bcd and regs, I got a 3mm wet suit and dive computer etc.

I'm a Padi rescue diver and my mate is advanced I just need to do refersher before I dive its been more than 6 months....anyone any ideas? Only dived in the US and Mexico.
Dahab maybe. I've heard its good but never been????
Old 23-09-07, 10:36 PM   #19
weazelz

Quote:
try any of this lot:

http://www.emperordivers.com/

http://www.regal-diving.co.uk/home/

http://www.cameldive.com/

http://www.desert-divers.com/

http://www.nesima-resort.com/

I've done liveaboards from Sharm/Hurghada the last couple of years - just got back from one a fortnight ago - but I've also done a week's shore diving from Dahab which was good too - depends what you want really. I'm planning another trip to Dahab for a tech course either later this year or early next
Old 23-09-07, 11:03 PM   #20
laMon

Quote:
I'm trying to find a cheap place in Egypt to go diving for a week anyone of where that would be good? I did the math with some places its like £500 for 7 days, which incldes hotel, flights 10 dives kit hire....I
post any links to those pretty pls