SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 13-04-11, 09:51 PM   #11
Berlin

Default Re: oulton early sessions carnage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobbylad View Post
Problem I've found with nearly all the track days I've done is people going like stink in a straight line, then pulling in right in front of you and jamming the brakes on for the corners and taking them really slow, only to bomb off again on a straight. Over the course of a lap I reckon I'd be quicker overall if they didn't screw up my entry into the corners by braking sooner than I would. Really gets my goat!
So slow down for half a lap and let them go. If they're lapping the same speed as you, you'll never see them again. There's always some empty track somewhere.

Alternatively, move up a group. Find people that corner at the same or faster speed than you do. So what of they pass you on the straights?

Or just ride round the outside of them!

C
Old 13-04-11, 10:06 PM   #12
UKPrincess

if you have not met the guy in this video, then there is a high possibility it could be you

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6967...irst-track-day

ha ha
Old 15-04-11, 04:42 PM   #13
Whitty

Not having a go at racers, like I said I try watch and learn off other people. I did try hang onto back of RC8 guy for a couple of laps but not pushing beyond my own limits. I did quite a lot of days last year but never saw that many crashes in all of em together almost. The guy who launched his R1 roadbike at end of 2nd sighting lap did what just got mentioned, with a lack of experience and big power wound it right back down straight. Next thing its somersaulting into fencing! There are alot of track day riders with bikes too fast for them. Things can go very wrong very quick with 150+ bhp on tap on a chilly April morning as demonstrated!
Old 15-04-11, 05:37 PM   #14
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitty View Post
Not having a go at racers, like I said I try watch and learn off other people. I did try hang onto back of RC8 guy for a couple of laps but not pushing beyond my own limits. I did quite a lot of days last year but never saw that many crashes in all of em together almost. The guy who launched his R1 roadbike at end of 2nd sighting lap did what just got mentioned, with a lack of experience and big power wound it right back down straight. Next thing its somersaulting into fencing! There are alot of track day riders with bikes too fast for them. Things can go very wrong very quick with 150+ bhp on tap on a chilly April morning as demonstrated!
What was that Stoney said to Rossi, more ambition than talent

We didn't have the same problems at my 1st track day, but there I think there were only no racers in our group, as they'ed been put in a faster group by the organisers, so poor organisation?

Ours was a proper novice day, no tyre warmers etc
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-11, 06:29 PM   #15
Whitty

They said they were trying a couple of new things to see how it went. Maybe they thought novices could learn from experienced riders? They also put in sighting laps after dinner break which probably was a good idea just to refresh peoples memories if new to track or a bit lethargic after eating big pile of chicken curry for dinner!!! Don't get me wrong, I had a brilliant day as did the guys I got to know in my group once everything calmed down abit.