SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: riding to ace on sunday 12/Jan
meet at shire + ride to ace / no matter rain or dry 1 16.67%
meet at shire only if it's not raining 1 16.67%
meet at shire on saturday - forecasted dry 4 66.67%
sorry got other things to do... 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-01-08, 04:07 PM   #21
philbut

Default Re: 12 saturday dry / 13 sunday rain..meeting at ace.

Tony - Sorry to hear about the off mate. Glad it wasn't too serious but still a bummer. I managed to get home in one piece. Was good fu n to have a ride with other people, I've got so used to riding on my own over christmas.
Old 13-01-08, 05:18 PM   #22
flibble

Just catching up on the posts, sounds like I missed out on a good TV get2ride-together!

Sorry to hear about your off tony! Hope your wrist is still ok.
Old 13-01-08, 05:25 PM   #23
flibble

oh, oh... test drove the CBR600RR, what an amazing bike!!

Sales guy who was dealing with us was very helpful, but his manager is a right ***t!!!! (Honda Chiswick) If anyone is interested in them, P&H Gatwick/Crawly are doing a much better deal at £800 less and works out much cheaper than the Honda 0% finance. Grrrrr.
Old 13-01-08, 05:59 PM   #24
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble View Post
oh, oh... test drove the CBR600RR, what an amazing bike!!

Sales guy who was dealing with us was very helpful, but his manager is a right ***t!!!! (Honda Chiswick) If anyone is interested in them, P&H Gatwick/Crawly are doing a much better deal at £800 less and works out much cheaper than the Honda 0% finance. Grrrrr.
As Jon discovered, that was probably a bad move. The SV will feel agricultural in comparison.
Old 13-01-08, 06:30 PM   #25
Warthog

Oh no, glad to hear you are relatively ok Tony, what happened?
Old 13-01-08, 09:14 PM   #26
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Oh no, glad to hear you are relatively ok Tony, what happened?
Thats what i want to know.
Old 13-01-08, 10:01 PM   #27
StreetHawk

I was stopped at a set of lights with a silver car next to me and Tony behind me.. Lights went green so I pull away and the car comes with me not wanting me to get ahead of it so I give some revs and pull round the sharp left hander and get away.. Ride up to the next set of lights and there is no Tony, passenger in the silver car (now behind me) calls me back to say my mate fell off so I park the bike up and run back up the road.

Tony said the car didn't give him an inch and forced him towards the curb which is when he grabbed the front brake and down he went..

If i'd of known the ****er in the car did this then i'd of had words with them and got details etc.. Hope all is ok Tony and nothing still aching
Old 14-01-08, 12:14 AM   #28
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
I was stopped at a set of lights with a silver car next to me and Tony behind me.. Lights went green so I pull away and the car comes with me not wanting me to get ahead of it so I give some revs and pull round the sharp left hander and get away.. Ride up to the next set of lights and there is no Tony, passenger in the silver car (now behind me) calls me back to say my mate fell off so I park the bike up and run back up the road.

Tony said the car didn't give him an inch and forced him towards the curb which is when he grabbed the front brake and down he went..

If i'd of known the ****er in the car did this then i'd of had words with them and got details etc.. Hope all is ok Tony and nothing still aching
Sounds like a complete tosser, but the sad thing is i'm not surprised.

It sounds like you were all after the same piece of road and a bike never wins.

Where did this happen...any cameras?
Old 14-01-08, 02:05 AM   #29
tonyk
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post

nick u beat the car on acceleration, there were road work cones on the left hand side of the road @10 feet in to the road turning into …….
The driver moved over to the right hand side of the road to clear the cones not Noticing I’m at his rear door corner ……….
As his car moved towards me I had no choice but to slam on my brakes and on a lean going around the wheels went from under me.
Its nice to say the passenger noticed me fall but then it’s a shame the driver didn’t see me when he/she pulled in front of me.

I think I kept the bike from damage with my left leg and left hand….
No broken parts (thank god) good old bruising appearing…..left hand must have twisted some how,(like when I landed on it) but bruised a lot.
Left knee swelled up a lot (could be old age or just arthritis knee pain) or the bike landed on it..
my fault should have guessed i was going to be cut up, and took the turn behind the car...

Anyway.
Scratches to bike and as I said the crash bungs did their job.
I’m going to repair the broken gear selector via nut and bolt…
Got off lightly could have been a lot worse, at lest the cars behind me saw me fall and drove around me.. NO ONE STOPPED just drove around me !

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and clear all doubts."
Some days its not even worth chewing through the restraints...

Last edited by tonyk; 14-01-08 at 02:08 AM. Reason: doh - more information
tonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-08, 07:45 AM   #30
Stig

Shall I make myself unpopular now OK I will.

Tony, I think it was your fault. Had you been in right position you would have seen the cones and naturally assumed the driver would move over to the right to avoid them. From your description of where you were when he started moving right, I'd say you were in his blind spot.

I reserve the right to withdraw my statement on account I was not actually there so can not say with any conviction at all that what I stated was the truth. Just going from what has previously been said.

Aside from all that, I am happy that you did not do any proper damage to yourself and the damage to the bike was minimal.