SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Where should the annual rideout 2005 be held?
Scotland - If so, where? 9 12.86%
Wales - If so, where? 18 25.71%
Northern England - If so, where? 6 8.57%
Southeastern England - If so, where? 22 31.43%
Southwestern England - If so, where? 7 10.00%
Elsewhere - If so, where? 8 11.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-05, 12:28 PM   #51
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner
Oh forgot about the lecture for 10 minutes by an officer about the hazards of tinted visors, the irony was, it was bright sunshine and he was wearing sunglasses!
That's pathetic... The Kent Bikesafe coppers promote tinted visor use, illegal or otherwise. They pointed out that it's a LOT safer than wearing sunglasses under your helmet, and you could, be wearing those as well.
Another case of North Wales being out of kilter with reality.

Old 13-01-05, 12:30 PM   #52
lynw

south east though if its elsewhere no probs as I dont mind the mileage

if it is in the south have plenty of room if people need somewhere to stay....

lyn

Old 13-01-05, 12:39 PM   #53
Jelster

There are some cracking roads in and around the Cotswolds. Easy for most to get to, low police presence, some half decent grub. It's just south of the Midlands and has a lot to offer. I think it's worth a look.

Old 13-01-05, 12:46 PM   #54
Iansv

Voted south east, but happy really for anywhere midlands and below, East Anglia has some lovely roads

don't really mind tbh

Old 13-01-05, 12:59 PM   #55
Grinch

SOUTH EAST ENGLAND !!!!
Though anyone needs any help with places in the South then I'll quite happily help out, I'll also try to find out when the next drag strip event is at Thorny Island barracks.
Hopefully then we can time it right and have 30-50 sv's drag race.

Old 13-01-05, 01:29 PM   #56
Grinch

I don't think any dates have been confirmed yet as its organised as part of the Straightliners RWYB, but last year it was 3rd week of July.

Old 13-01-05, 01:38 PM   #57
Grinch

Also this is going on 'Confirmed' in the first week of July.

Victory Wheelers, hot rod and custom car club

Old 13-01-05, 03:57 PM   #58
Viney
Mega Poster

I would just like to point out, that i have covered about a 1000 miles in mid/south wales with no issues whatsoever. I even have a 50 min ride video where we weren't hanging around, and only one camera van.

I think someone said, perspective to be honest. If you go hooning around, then what do you expect. If you get caught, no one to blame other than yourself.

I think if its a bimble around some good roads, en mass, then i dont think we would have much trouble.

Still if its the south, then, bring it on. Not fussed either way, as i shall be getting my Wales fix in a couple of months....ooo, the black mountains
Old 13-01-05, 04:08 PM   #59
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos
Of course the other benefit is that jonboy and his mate Admin 2 can organise the whole thing!
Yes and I'll design a special annual rideout logo as well and then we can argue over that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Please don't misunderstand - I'm not trying to plead the case for Wales - I just want folks to vote from a position of knowledge rather than heresay
Couldn't agree more. North Wales is turning into the old soviet eastern Europe as far as bikers are concerned. Once you cross the iron curtain you're likely to be thrown into a celtic gulag and never see the light of day again. South Wales however is (apparently) enlightened and still rideable without constant fear.

Old 13-01-05, 04:11 PM   #60
Anonymous

Jabba's right, its the north. I often used to follow Monkey up the Wye Valley and around south wales hoping he would be sat in the back of a police car by the time I caught up but it never happened.

In this instance I agree with Jelster, the Cotswolds are good and easily reached by all except the northeners and the scots. They are centralish for southerners, midlanders. Last year was very central for everyone, if you think about the extremes.

If its in the south east I dont reckon there be much turnout from anywhere other than the south east.

Loch Ness would be great tho, so lovely camp sites there.

Closed Thread