SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 08-04-13, 05:53 PM   #1
adam_b

Default minitwin build at last

well, finally after being patient, for a few years, im in a comfortable enough financial condition to have a crack at racing so im goin to do a build thread, bought the bike only a month ago, sv650 sk1 in yellow, pretty decent condition, completely standard, 25000 miles otc, engine purrs, £600, was not for passin that offer up at all

first job was the tedious task of stripping it all down, gently of course, wel the end product of initial weight reduction looks odd, but cool ha.

i was lucky enough to be clearing various parts of my room and found some gsxr clip ons which i'm currently in the process of modifying to accept 7/8" 6082 t6 (structural grade) aluminium tubing, very similar to renthal ones, but about 100 or so quid cheaper!!!

the plan as of now is to use an m4 gp can off my brothers old gladius on some m4 downpipes, bb plastics m1 fairings, 2011 r6 tail(ordered already), dynojet, pipercross air filter(bought), iridiums of course, hopefully a nitron rear shock(depending on what appears between then and now), better front springs, heavier oil, debrix emulators, sticky rubber hoops n all, 520 chain conversion, lithium ion battery, aluminium sub frames, and lots of shiny carbon bits, gilles rearsets(bought today second hand, but in fairly decent nik ) and a stripped loom.

il be sure to keep this updated as more bits get done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0168.jpg (122.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0177.jpg (125.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0179.jpg (120.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0196.jpg (121.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0197.jpg (126.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-04-13, 06:17 PM   #2
Redmist

Default Re: minitwin build at last

yahoo another build in progress! good man! keep it coming and good luck

Want a Gyrocam for your track / road / racing videos? Gyrocam here!

Bikes: Minitwin SV650 '04. Click me!
SV650 (Now Nekked!) '04. Pictures here!
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-13, 02:08 AM   #3
adam_b

quick update

Decided against the gsxr clip ons......... in short the design for the bars became overly complex and i cant really be bothered makin them, so im looking into making some split clip ons similar the the woodcraft 2 piece ones you can buy, but a bucket load less than itd cost to buy them ones haha

The little gp can is too little, so im having to splash out for a full m4 exhaust, which sucks to be fair, but ah well, least itl be right

ragged the wiring loom out tonight and thats a job for tomorrow, stripping it down n re soldering n attaching the important things fun times ahead for me, cant stand wiring, im a machine jockey, not a sparky, does not compute haha, but il get there with a little help from my electrical genius bro

also managed to get my first sponsor today aswell, 'bike gear' based in ashton-under-lyne, leeds and bridgend www.bike-gear.com

now maybe its time for sleep.......
Old 13-04-13, 07:59 AM   #4
Redmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_b View Post
quick update

Decided against the gsxr clip ons......... in short the design for the bars became overly complex and i cant really be bothered makin them, so im looking into making some split clip ons similar the the woodcraft 2 piece ones you can buy, but a bucket load less than itd cost to buy them ones haha
Now that sounds a great idea for fund raising! I'm sure there'd be a few interested in paying for a set whilst your in the mood for making some!
Especially me!

Good going with the sponsorship, didn't think companies bothered unless you were a prooven quantity, then again maybe you are!!

Keep it coming.

Want a Gyrocam for your track / road / racing videos? Gyrocam here!

Bikes: Minitwin SV650 '04. Click me!
SV650 (Now Nekked!) '04. Pictures here!
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-13, 04:13 PM   #5
adam_b

with the sponsorship, a mate of mine recently started competing in the civic cup, he managed to get 3 sponsors!!!! before his first ever race haha, i asked him how, he said, be cheeky lol bt yeah havin a proper gander into makin the clip ons, so will keep ya posted on em
Old 13-04-13, 05:30 PM   #6
tactcom7

Looks good Adam glad you managed to get home in one piece with the tank on your back!
Old 14-04-13, 07:00 PM   #7
adam_b

Yeah nice one fer that, its in th process of havin the dent filled as we speak haha, I felt like a turtle ridin home tho, was funny

Update: m4 exhaust system bought now, 3 weeks delivery on that, and bb plastics m1 fairings bought, so I can start mocking up a front subframe cos to be fair, I ain't payin 100 squid fer summat I can make myself for peanuts, couldn't be bothered this weekend, so the loom shall be tackled one night this week, oh and the r6 tail unit should arrive this week so th rear subframe can be mocked up, woop woop, think it should look cool as, will post pics soon as it comes :P
Old 16-04-13, 07:53 PM   #8
jmsvuk

I'm thinking of buying a BB Plastics M1 fairing for my curvy, Whats the finish like on it ? I've heard a lot of prople on here say the finish quality is poor.
Old 16-04-13, 08:43 PM   #9
adam_b

I dunno, il let ya know when iv gt it haha, but if its nt very good il be complaining n askin for money off, had enuff of bein ripped off if I'm honest
Old 17-04-13, 10:27 AM   #10
tactcom7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_b View Post
Yeah nice one fer that, its in th process of havin the dent filled as we speak haha, I felt like a turtle ridin home tho, was funny
You're filling the dent?! I went to great lengths to put that there! lol