SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 05-06-05, 07:27 PM   #1
mrs fud

Default Riverview Rider Training...........

Hi Guy's and girlies,

As you know I took my test last Thursday. A few weeks ago I asked if anyone knew of any good training schools in the Preston area (thanks for the input that you gave me) It is a bit of a mine-field out there when you do not know what you are looking for.
I did some ringing around and there are lots of different deals out there. Some offer deals that include your cbt, some offers include your test fee and some just don't include anything.
I decided to go with Riverview at Hesketh Bank because they were the only training school who actually advertise their pass rates, to me this speak volumes about the confidence of their training.
So firstly, I got my theory out of the way. Then I went over to Riverview and did my CBT watched over by Pete and Graham.
Then it was the training all I can say is they were "Absolutely Brilliant" The instructors that I came in contact with were, Pete, Steve, Wayne, Graham (the owner) and the one and only "RAY" who I put through the mill a couple of times while out training. Oh, and "Lil" who keeps everyone going with tea and coffee.
The training was brill, they only take out two trainee's at a time unlike other training schools that I have seen out and about. I feel that the quality of training that I received was absolutely spot on as the pace of training didn't overwhelm me but I always felt as though I had learnt enough at the end of each day. The thoroughness and patience of my instructors combined with a very structured training plan made my training very enjoyable. I can highly recommend Riverview to anyone who wants to gain a bike licence.

www.riverviewrt.com

Jo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-06-05, 08:31 PM   #2

Im very glad ur training that went really well,

But i would like to say in my experiance i was disgusted by thier training,

its a long story and im probably the rare one, but i would never go back to them ever....

full story available on request, but dont think its fair to bad mouth them openly,

Enjoy Riding,

Alex
Old 06-06-05, 11:45 AM   #3
GSXR Carlos

Alex, how come you did your test up here?
Old 06-06-05, 12:24 PM   #4

i didnt, it was my girlfriends CBT, but wasnt happy at all, long story, as previously mentioned available on request

alex
Old 07-06-05, 07:15 PM   #5
purple eyed pig

you should hve dropped round for a brew Jo. we live across the road from Graham!
Old 08-06-05, 12:46 AM   #6
bootsock

I'd second the good comments about Riverview, did my Advanced lessons with Steve from Riverview and he was great, enjoyed every ride out, was more like being out riding with a mate than going through training!
Old 08-06-05, 01:22 PM   #7
sv4me
Mega Poster

My sisters boyfriends doing his training with them next week. Seemed nice and thorough when he was talking to them about it though. He said they do group rideouts now because they had so many recent passers coming to them saying they had no-one to ride with
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote