SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-09-07, 05:58 PM   #1
andyb

Default Alpinestar Drystar Trousers

Been looking for some winter trousers lately and found some of these on eBay (new ones). Anyone got some/have any opinions?

Mods: I've put this here as I'm looking for a quickish reply
Old 10-09-07, 08:48 PM   #2
Demonz

Default Re: Alpinestar Drystar Trousers

I've got a pair that i've used for a couple of years now. Just weekend riding. Good trousers but starting to get a bit damp on the inseam last wet rides - maybe as I didnt wash and waterproof them properly. I'd like to replace them with a decent set of goretex one day money permitting - havent been able to justify it yet. Also if you have a different jacket to the pants (like me) it may drive you nuts if they dont zip together as water comes in here... Otherwise if the price is right make the purchase.
Old 11-09-07, 07:31 AM   #3
andyb

Cheers Gmonsta, so they were waterproof for a couple of years then they started to leak? If I get 2 years use out of them I'll be happy.
Old 11-09-07, 07:38 AM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I've got a pair. I love em.

Comfy, warm, I've not had any problems with leakage. You mght wanna try a pair on before you buy off ebay as the alpinestars sizing is funny and I find I have to go a size up on some things from what I'd normally get.

I've been warm on the ride from Amesbury to Yeovil in the winters morning ( one morning it was minus 6 ) and they kept me dry during a torrential wet ride back from Ireland last year.

The armours not brilliant so if you've got a few extra quid it might be worth taking it out and replacing it with some aftermarket knox stuff though.

I defo recommend them.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 07:58 AM   #5
andyb

Cheers Fizz, will invest I think. the seller on eBay has a refund scheme and guarantees money back (excl P&P) if they dont fit so it should be OK. What size you got, what size are you normally? I'm a 32/33" waist so am considering the 34" waist, sound OK?
Old 11-09-07, 08:24 AM   #6
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Cheers Gmonsta, so they were waterproof for a couple of years then they started to leak? If I get 2 years use out of them I'll be happy.
Yeah they were good value considering they were £40 off ebay (used buy but with tags attached so i dont think they fitted the chap). Its worth going with the larger size as with the inner liner inserted it will make them a tighter fit still.
Old 11-09-07, 08:31 AM   #7
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Cheers Fizz, will invest I think. the seller on eBay has a refund scheme and guarantees money back (excl P&P) if they dont fit so it should be OK. What size you got, what size are you normally? I'm a 32/33" waist so am considering the 34" waist, sound OK?
I cant remember I'll have a look when I get home. I'm depending on number of pies consumed a 34" or a 36" waist.

I'd echo with Gmonsta says, go up a size as the liner is nice and thick and you might find them a bit tight especially if you want leave room for a layer or two in the winter underneath them.

Old 11-09-07, 08:34 AM   #8
andyb

Bugger, guy only has 32 and 34" so looks like I'm going to have to keep looking. Crescent are doing them for £149 so may have a look there.
Old 11-09-07, 11:19 AM   #9
Alpinestarhero

Fizz, do they zip to an alpinestars leather jacket?

Matt
Old 11-09-07, 11:28 AM   #10
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I dont think they will no, the zips are different.

I'll double check tonight when I get home.