SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 16-11-09, 11:06 PM   #11
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Default Re: GM3 26th -27th June 2010 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
You want wigwams? We got wigwams. Linky

They've also got showers, kitchen, pub nearby, playpark for Sally etc. They've even got tipis, which is what I thought a wigwam was before GM1 (you did too admit it).

Thornhill is 5 or 6 miles south of Callander, easily accessible off the M9 (no Kingston Bridge again see?) and a handy spot for the Duke's Pass.

A run might look like this - nother linky - giving the Crieff/Aberfeldy east section and the Glencoe/Arrochar west section with obvious optional loops at Kinlochleven, Wibbly Wobbly and Duke's Pass. Call it 260 miles, 6:20 on the road plus 3 options

If that's too much, and I think it is - ditto Bibio and Dyzio's routes, sorry lads - then cut straight back to Tyndrum on the A85 - yet another linky. Call it 235 miles, 5:40 on the road plus 2 options.

Are there any questions?
It's all very nice but a bit last year

I really was hoping we could take our Southern Friends along this road

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CockbridgeTomintoul.jpg (125.1 KB, 309 views)

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-09, 11:21 PM   #12
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: GM3 26th -27th June 2010 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
Mmm Glenshee road by any chance?

If you guys need places like that scouted, just ask
I think you are wrong and a Welshman may be about to embarrass a Scot! Glenshee road runs mainly in the glen IIRC, that is the Lecht ski resort road I think and it is pretty amazing. My thanks to Ralph and KG for directing me that way after last years GM.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-09, 04:23 PM   #13
missyburd

Default Re: GM3 Route ideas and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post

If people from the South want to go, they will make the effort, no matter how far it is.
Definitely agree with this! But then you probably already knew this eh Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzio View Post
Aye, that is nice, but how about this?

And The Duke's Pass...
Yeah, we missed out on that one this year, mainly due to the large volumes of water descending from the sky! Remember it from last year though (to be fair, how could we forget ) want to do it again for sho'!

Further north would be excellent but at the end of the day the organisers need to be sure the ride is do-able on all levels so we won't complain either way ... but north is very good
Old 08-01-10, 01:20 AM   #14
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: GM3 Route ideas and discussion

runs are fine planing in advance, but when the day to go on them comes the weather in scotland can change that quick you can be caught in some of the foulest weather you will ever encounter.

doing large runs with a large group of people is difficult to organise, there are fuel stops grub stops and piddle/rest stops to contend. the worst is fuel, 50+ bikes all trying to get fuel at the same time is just stupid. one thing i noticed when out on one of my sundy runs was how other groups coped, one of these was to split the group into smaller groups each at a given time apart with a 'leader' in each group. when it came to fuel stops the leader of each group would stop at an appropriate place while the front group fuelled up.

dont know if that would work for us though as we tend to split into smaller fragmented groups anyway. fast paced, medium paced and the slow coaches.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-10, 03:55 PM   #15
petevtwin650

Default Re: GM3 Accomodation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
Campsite shelter - NB Pete and lissa -has been upgraded so not much room for the bike this year. still has the cooker seats and laundry facilities and looks as big as ever - didn't see the pool table though.
the fire pit and beer garden are still there as are the sheep ( but no midges today)
Depends if we have a bike then, but where there's a will, there's a way Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
Ok folks, as you'll see the location has been set as Beinglas. I've deleted all the blether and nonsense so the relevant info should be easy to see. I've left the other accom options as we may want to consider for GMIV.
Oh good, I can show my face in here again now that all my moaning has been binned
Old 26-01-10, 04:50 PM   #16
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

pete why "depends if you have a bike " ??

sorry chat in here Marc but this new dam system wont let me send pete a pm???????.. well I cant send him one anyone- maybe he has me blocked lol
do ya pete?
Old 26-01-10, 07:09 PM   #17
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
No need to look so happy about it, Dyzio. Thought us Italian bike owners were supposed to stick together

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-10, 11:42 PM   #18
missyburd

Default Re: GM3 Idle banter and random drivel thread

Quote:

If I were you I'd start collecting your curvy bits back. You gave them away just for safe keeping, right?
Ha no way are P&L gonna manage to prise that engine away from DB, or those cams from YC...would be funny to see you try though
Old 26-01-10, 11:49 PM   #19
dyzio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
Ha no way are P&L gonna manage to prise that engine away from DB, or those cams from YC...would be funny to see you try though
Engine? I think that could be easy. Try to nick that top yoke from her... that's a challenge
dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-10, 12:02 AM   #20
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Will there be plenty of room for tents at the campsite nearer the time? Or is it likely to get fully booked up?
There will be loads of room, they have an overspill field in addition to the main camping area, but it's a sloping field down to a river can get a bit boggy and plagued with midges, so stay near the top.