SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-08-07, 01:26 PM   #1
Baph

Default Baph's Absence

Right, well, I've had a lot of people getting in touch to ask why I haven't been on the org recently, so I decided I'd stick up a post about it to save me repeating myself over & over.

As most folk on the org know, I'd been getting more & more frustrated with work (I'd posted/vented about it before).

Then came the day that I decided to do something about it, so I asked for a meeting to discuss the issues as I saw them, with my boss, and two company directors. This was greeted with a response of "Why don't you come to a disciplinary hearing instead." It was a regular occurence that I was threatened with being sacked before, but then they realised why it wasn't a great idea.

So I got into the meeting, and accepted everything they said (with tightly clenched fists/teeth), then stated my side of events, followed by "I've already typed out my resignation, and it's ready to send as soon as I get back to my desk." The ensuring conversation resulted in me not being forced to work my notice.

I said before that I only used to post when I'm bored at work, and I'm not working these days, so I'm not posting.

TBH, I'm not entirely sure where life will lead me from here, but it's the best thing I've done in a long time. I left the company that I wasn't happy with, and I've still been paid (and I'm still getting paid) by them; so I've been spending the time with the family. Sunny day's on secluded beaches rock when you're not working but still earning. Taking my daughter horse riding, my son go-karting etc etc.

Only now has become time to start job hunting again, so chances are, I'll be posting again soon.

The internet connection at home hasn't been working for a long time, so I intend to sort that out soon too. At the moment, I'm doing a 'hovis' and posting from the library.

For those that got in touch (by any means), it's greatly appreciated folks, I was genuinely shocked by how many of you posted/messaged me to ask if things were ok. They're more than OK, they're fantastic. Can't say the same for when I start working again though.

Should anyone else want to get in touch, I won't be able to reply instantly (unlike when I was working) but I'll reply in one way or another.
Old 17-08-07, 01:29 PM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Baph's Absence

Good to see you back. Was good to see you with a smile on your face Sunday. Look forward to seeing you again on Wednesday!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-07, 01:31 PM   #3
stewie

Nice to see you back mate, Im sure you,ll be back in gainful employment soon enough, in the meantime enjoy the beaches and see you at a rideout soon, on me new bike, well new,ish
Stew
Old 17-08-07, 01:32 PM   #4
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Baph...............hurry up and get your internet sorted out...............it's too flipping quiet without you

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-07, 01:35 PM   #5
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Good to see you back. Was good to see you with a smile on your face Sunday. Look forward to seeing you again on Wednesday!
Nope, sorry matey, I won't be there. I'm off on holiday for a week with the kids. Setting off tomorrow, I forgot all about it when we were sorting out the meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
Baph...............hurry up and get your internet sorted out...............it's too flipping quiet without you
Aw bless. I'll go now then if I'm that loud!
Old 17-08-07, 01:37 PM   #6
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Good to hear from you Dave.

Seems you have seen past the work crap to the more important thing of time with your family.

Hope to catch up with you again soon.

Take care and enjoy your "Summer Holidays"

David

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-07, 01:38 PM   #7
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Good to hear from you Dave.

Seems you have seen past the work crap to the more important thing of time with your family.

Hope to catch up with you again soon.

Take care and enjoy your "Summer Holidays"

David
Did you get my text yesterday mate? Tried letting you know then after seeing your message.
Old 17-08-07, 01:40 PM   #8
Viney
Mega Poster

Wondered where youd gone.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-07, 01:42 PM   #9
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Ahh that would have gone to my other phone, got a new one on a new number the other month - and as you were not in my phonebook for some reason (or I would have phoned you by now) I guess I missed it - when I find and charge my old phone I am sure I will get it

PM'd you my new number - well wouldn't want that perv Bear getting it for example.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-07, 03:11 PM   #10
Jelster

Just about a year ago I did the same thing. I'd had enough so handed in my notice without a job to go to.

I went to one place full of promise which lasted 5 months (That was a major mistake) and then in January I found a job which I'm really enjoying.

You have to put your life first. It's true, you work to live, not the other way round. So, all the best to you, and I hope the quest brings you to the happiness you seek. Life's funny at times, you do find that sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go 3 or 4 forwards.

Well done you !