SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-03-08, 08:43 PM   #11
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Default Re: Achey but happy!!

Me and Lilly went for a ride with Pete & Lissa into Wales on Sunday.....did 200 miles....Lilly now has major back strain, but she is still smiling.......just think we need more practice so she gets used to the bike.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08, 08:52 PM   #12
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Carey View Post
Me and Lilly went for a ride with Pete & Lissa into Wales on Sunday.....did 200 miles....Lilly now has major back strain, but she is still smiling.......just think we need more practice so she gets used to the bike.
I find tis the inside of my thighs mainly (probably more due to one footpeg being higher than the other ) but hopefully I'll get used to it and all will be well

Got the long trek back home wednesday which includes the motorway, should be fun! (I'm at that stage where even the prospect of sitting on the motorway for an hour and a half sounds fun, no doubt I'll soon be thinking differently! )
Old 17-03-08, 10:12 PM   #13
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

after you've been out a few times, you'll find you'll loosen up a bit. You won't ache as much. You'll get so used to it, you'll be like me in a pillion seat(if your confident with your pilot)....i'm usually sat with my hands in my lap..........I can see everyone cringing at this point, but I trust Im Indoors, on the rare occasion I sit behind.
And you'll be confident enough to stand up on the pegs mid ride...to stretch your legs

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08, 10:44 PM   #14
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
after you've been out a few times, you'll find you'll loosen up a bit. You won't ache as much. You'll get so used to it, you'll be like me in a pillion seat(if your confident with your pilot)....i'm usually sat with my hands in my lap..........I can see everyone cringing at this point, but I trust Im Indoors, on the rare occasion I sit behind.
And you'll be confident enough to stand up on the pegs mid ride...to stretch your legs
Sounds like my lad when he rides pillion. He sits there looking cool and is a great pillion because he is relaxed.

BTW, I used to get the pegs down all the while with Jon on the back
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08, 11:03 PM   #15
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

funnily enough a friend of mine many moons ago used to sit on the back of her other halfs chop rolling fags( sod knows how they didn't blow away) they both wore open face helmets too. She is a tiny little thing thoug hso could get right behind him as a wind breaker

Old 17-03-08, 11:14 PM   #16
Ruffy

My missus freaked me out not long after I got the VFR: Charging up the M6, heading back from Silverstone (BSB meet) towards Manchester (lived in Bury at the time), it's raining and I feel her head gently rest onto my back. She'd fallen asleep!!!

I didn't think it was possible, but it's amazing how comfortable a pillion can get.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-08, 11:19 PM   #17
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

aye, the same friend who rolled fags did that, she frightened the living daylights out of the bike behind. She almost fell of backwards
Its also happened to my mates out in France with one of their kids. Rory gets bored and says the dragstar exhaust makes him sleepy. His mum had a dicky fit when she saw him nodding off an the back of his dads bike, his dads paranoid now when he takes him out on it

Old 18-03-08, 01:42 PM   #18
mrs mousetrapper

I've always fallen asleep in cars and did worry about doing the same on the bike but there's always something to see when you're not on a motorway! Last summer we went to Europe and after the first day I stopped hanging on and concentrated on taking pics and filming as we were riding and got some great footage in the Alpes!!
We too went for our first major ride this year - up to Staithes nr Whitby!
With the lovely blue skies I had forgotten how nice it is to get out on the bike!
Old 18-03-08, 01:54 PM   #19
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
I didn't think it was possible, but it's amazing how comfortable a pillion can get.
it does get comfy, I could see myself falling asleep but then a loud rev would soon wake me up again hehe. Any tips on staying awake whilst on the motorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs mousetrapper View Post
With the lovely blue skies I had forgotten how nice it is to get out on the bike!
100% agree there, makes me wonder why people use cars sometimes (on a nice day that is, can see why if the weather's 'orrid )
Old 18-03-08, 01:56 PM   #20
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs mousetrapper View Post
Last summer we went to Europe and after the first day I stopped hanging on and concentrated on taking pics and filming as we were riding and got some great footage in the Alpes!!
Ooooh taking pics sounds adventurous, that would come in very handy indeed, I kept wanting YC to stop the views were so beautiful!