SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 12-03-08, 09:19 AM   #121
ogden
Mega Poster

Default Re: had a bit of an off

If I'm working from home on Tuesday, and I hopefully will be, then I can probably do the shuttle run. Bit out of my way (!), but any excuse to rack up some miles in the shopping trolley is good enough.

Earley? Or is the map wrong - the pointer seems to be in the middle of a field by the M4.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-08, 11:30 AM   #122
SDMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
It's always a knock back to find out things have not gone to plan. Ask Rictus about that one. Best of luck with it. I wont have the use of the car again this coming Tuesday, so if there is anyone out there that can bring James to the Shire, jump up to the plate now.
I don't think it's a major knockback. More of a dissapointment really, I think because the doctors had seen all the superficial injuries healing up pretty well, and fairly quickly, they were hoping to see signs of bone growth around the pin, but unfortunately 6 weeks after the ops hadn't been long enough.

Should be better come 4 weeks time, especially if I am able to walk with all
weight on that leg, albeit with crutches still. Then hopefully at least one crutch will be taken away.
Once I do get to that stage where I can put weight on that leg, then I think I might start riding again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogden View Post
If I'm working from home on Tuesday, and I hopefully will be, then I can probably do the shuttle run. Bit out of my way (!), but any excuse to rack up some miles in the shopping trolley is good enough.

Earley? Or is the map wrong - the pointer seems to be in the middle of a field by the M4.
Thanks if you can, it's near Earley- Shinfield.....
Old 12-03-08, 01:15 PM   #123
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Once I do get to that stage where I can put weight on that leg, then I think I might start riding again.
That's the spirit!

If the dotors had their way i wouldn't be riding for another six months. **** 'em i say.