SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-04-10, 11:38 AM   #101
Ch00

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameboy View Post
I also had my license with me as proof of age............................................... ............. I'll be going to court and having to defend myself in front of a magistrate
Your licence shows that you have a passed a restricted bike test and that it is a pink one?

Get a brief for court. People that rep themselfs don't do as well as briefs normally.
Old 25-04-10, 11:40 AM   #102
Juju

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Of course, call the plod for a genuine crime like the theft, and you'll be totally underwhelmed by the response, unless like me, they find it within 100 yards of the crime scene, and 150 pushing yards of a repairer, in which case they'll organise uplift without telling you to somewhere the other side of the county and charge you £200 for the privilege.

Last time I got a pushbike stolen, it took 24 hours to report the crime as no one wanted to know, having to report to a county call centre miles away, despite the local station being a mile away becasue I was 100 yards into the wrong county boundary fromt where the stolen bike was likely to turn up.

As an employee in the insurance industry, connected with crime, it never ceases to amaze me how f**king useless our canteen filling plod are in the UK. Give them a fully solved crime, and they're not interested, but some ignorant bully takes this kids bike bacause he "looks" young.

Presumably not complying with licence regulations is a criminal offence. Therefore the burden of proof falls for them to show that a crime is committed beyond reasonable doubt. They have at this stage not gathered the evidence, (unlike the disqualified driver example, where the DVLA records may qualify). It's surely not for the poster to show plod have without good reason taken his bike.

And as someone who knows a couple of excellent candidates rejected for the met, and knowing the only kids at achool who joined were bullies who were nothing without a gang, I really think the whole organisation, what we expect from them needs a fundamental rethink.

Why do the police hate the public these days? Is it trained into them that every middle aged male motorist doing 77 on a dry straight motorway is A CRIMINAL, and therefore everyone potentially is?

Public service my ****. I am a law abiding citizen, but every experience I have ever had with the police is overwhelmingly negative, and I despise them. Its stories like this that once more kick a hole in the reputation of a discredited service.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-10, 11:44 AM   #103
husky03
Mega Poster

juju wind your neck in.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-10, 11:46 AM   #104
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju View Post
but every experience I have ever had with the police is overwhelmingly negative, and I despise them.
Now I could rewrite that sentance replacing the word police with 'anybody who wroks in the insurance industry'

No offence - just like I hope you meant no offence to the police officers of the org
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-10, 11:46 AM   #105
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju View Post
Of course, call the plod for a genuine crime like the theft, and you'll be totally underwhelmed by the response, unless like me, they find it within 100 yards of the crime scene, and 150 pushing yards of a repairer, in which case they'll organise uplift without telling you to somewhere the other side of the county and charge you £200 for the privilege.

Last time I got a pushbike stolen, it took 24 hours to report the crime as no one wanted to know, having to report to a county call centre miles away, despite the local station being a mile away becasue I was 100 yards into the wrong county boundary fromt where the stolen bike was likely to turn up.

As an employee in the insurance industry, connected with crime, it never ceases to amaze me how f**king useless our canteen filling plod are in the UK. Give them a fully solved crime, and they're not interested, but some ignorant bully takes this kids bike bacause he "looks" young.

Presumably not complying with licence regulations is a criminal offence. Therefore the burden of proof falls for them to show that a crime is committed beyond reasonable doubt. They have at this stage not gathered the evidence, (unlike the disqualified driver example, where the DVLA records may qualify). It's surely not for the poster to show plod have without good reason taken his bike.

And as someone who knows a couple of excellent candidates rejected for the met, and knowing the only kids at achool who joined were bullies who were nothing without a gang, I really think the whole organisation, what we expect from them needs a fundamental rethink.

Why do the police hate the public these days? Is it trained into them that every middle aged male motorist doing 77 on a dry straight motorway is A CRIMINAL, and therefore everyone potentially is?

Public service my ****. I am a law abiding citizen, but every experience I have ever had with the police is overwhelmingly negative, and I despise them. Its stories like this that once more kick a hole in the reputation of a discredited service.

Get off your bloody soap box! As usual, this is going to descend into a thread with people proclaiming to know how the system works and calling us, and I quote " f**king useless our canteen filling plod".

I think if you read the thread, there are several " f**king useless our canteen filling plod" on here who have been giving the OP words of advice regarding this. And if you read other threads, we, the " f**king useless our canteen filling plod", regularly do so.

When you have something productive and helpful to say about the OP's situation, then by all means, post it. Otherwise, keep your rude comments to yourself.
Old 25-04-10, 11:47 AM   #106
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

What she said ^^^^

and him above that!
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-10, 12:04 PM   #107
Juju

Actually, that was a bit strong, and I do apologise. Sentiments were expressed badly, and not in a well thought out way.

And yes, there are plenty of insurers who behave like idiots. I hope you take them to the FOS every time, its the only way they will learn. I read earlier about an insurer refusing to pay out on a restricted bike as the poster couldn't prove it was. Without knowing the full facts, if that poster was correct, the insurers need to show why he hasn't complied with policy conditions not the other way round, and he would be well advised make a complaint.

But why does the op here have to resort to getting advice from officers on a forum, rather than the police getting it right and managing the situation in the right way to start? Why hasn't he been fully informed of his rights in a clear understandable way, in print?

Its not too much to ask is it? My litany of woes was only to show that I have never been impressed by any dealing I have had, and the op troubles again seem to demonstrate that there has grown a "them and us" culture.

Of course, it also goes without saying the Police do do excellent work in areas that they don't get full recognition for such attending RTA accidents and child protection work among others.

Once again, no specific offence was intended, and 30 seconds between typing and posting would have served me better.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-10, 12:12 PM   #108
tommo891

Clearly the old bill dont give a **** about the bikers up here, we dont get any bother, even if the bike infront is illegal, I think it has allot to do with age when it comes to the police the younger they are, the more arrogant they are imo, the police officer whos done his time generally has a better attitude, less likely to get in your face trying to get a reaction....

reference juju's rant, if he feels like the system has let him down thats his choice to comment.. husky, you sound like the plod "wind your neck in" nice answer very grown up the kind of **** you expect from people who think they know better..

Milky bar kid this is one big soap box, if he wants to have a go its his choice then its for the rest of us too decide if it constructive or not, Ive heard you ranting on before so really hes doing nothing you havent like the rest of us..
Old 25-04-10, 12:16 PM   #109
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo891 View Post
Clearly the old bill dont give a **** about the bikers up here, we dont get any bother, even if the bike infront is illegal, I think it has allot to do with age when it comes to the police the younger they are, the more arrogant they are imo, the police officer whos done his time generally has a better attitude, less likely to get in your face trying to get a reaction....

reference juju's rant, if he feels like the system has let him down thats his choice to comment.. husky, you sound like the plod "wind your neck in" nice answer very grown up the kind of **** you expect from people who think they know better..

Milky bar kid this is one big soap box, if he wants to have a go its his choice then its for the rest of us too decide if it constructive or not, Ive heard you ranting on before so really hes doing nothing you havent like the rest of us..
[Derail] Yes, you're right, he can rant if he wants but not make rude comments. [/Derail]

Anyway, this is straying off topic. Think we should get back to the point in hand.
Old 25-04-10, 12:19 PM   #110
tommo891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
Anyway, this is straying off topic. Think we should get back to the point in hand.
agreed

Last edited by Sid Squid; 27-04-10 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Tidying.