SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-05-07, 06:32 PM   #1
Paws

Exclamation Bike thief-0, laura & her boss-1

As the title says

Weve got a 2 bay bike park right outside work, right in front of the nice huge glass window..now me being the daydreamer i am , was standing at the end of the counter just watching the world go by when i noticed a young lad in the bike bay-ok nothing usual in that, it LOOKED like he was struggling to get his key in the ignition, ok fair play i sometimes struggle with mine on the sv, then i kinda loked a lil bit harder-NO sign of a lid/gloves, wearing a tracksuit and the lil barsteward was pulling at the wires by the ignition!
I yell at my boss whose by the door ; THAT ISNT THAT LADS BIKE!, he throws the door open and runs out, yelling and shaking his fist, im behind him, phone in hand ready to call the police ( ), lad has got the bike out the bay and is deperately trying to start it-sees us legging it towards him, throws bike down and runs off.

We pick the bike up, have a look and hes cut the wires and has tried to hotwire it! , as we stand there trying to decide what we are going to do with it (wheel into the shop until lawful owner turns up) the lad that does own it turns up, bless him he was almost in tears when i explained what had happened
Quick phone call to Rad at Rad motorcycles (local bike repair etc garage), results in him stopping whats hes doing, coming out, collects bike and solders wires etc and gets bike going again, (all f.o.c)

Young lad came back just to say thank you and to buy a hefty chain! Yes the lad hadnt got it chained up, but like he said, you dont think someone would dare to take it from where it was parked up!
Ok the bike was only a little cbr 125, but it was another bikers baby and i certainly wasnt going to let some little scumbag scrote take it!
This happened in a busy car park, early afternoon, and other people just stood and watched!
Peeved we didnt catch the scumbag BUT at least we got the bike back, and a BIG thanks to Rad for coming to help.
Old 24-05-07, 06:39 PM   #2
Endellion

Default Re: Bike thief-0, laura & her boss-1

Nice one Paws I bet the guy was well chuffed with you

This makes me feel like the 400 squid I spent on my security might be a little bit of a deterant...hopefully
Old 24-05-07, 06:43 PM   #3
Cloggsy

Nice one Laura...

More power to your elbow Girl

I wouldn't have gone shouting and waving my fist, I'd have casually walked over to him and tw@ed him, dragged him back to the shop & phoned the ol' Bill
Old 24-05-07, 06:44 PM   #4
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

What a good neighbour..so to speak.. pat on the back to you. Can't stand little pilfering, sticky handed, toe rags like that. Yes only a 125 but, i'd have been devastated. good for you, should be more like you.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-07, 06:44 PM   #5
emcf

good work....i wouldn't have been level headed enough to pick the bike up immediately, i'd be after the little scr0tbag to give him the mother of all rugby tackles....
Old 24-05-07, 06:48 PM   #6
aarond

Good on ya, think i may have been like emcf and chased the scumbag for as far as i could!!
Old 24-05-07, 06:50 PM   #7
Paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy View Post
Nice one Laura...

More power to your elbow Girl

I wouldn't have gone shouting and waving my fist, I'd have casually walked over to him and tw@ed him, dragged him back to the shop & phoned the ol' Bill

Think my boss was soo angry he couldnt kept but to go charging out like a mad bull!, we did say had we caught him, he would have had a meeting with "mr baseball" bat that we keep in the shop.
Old 24-05-07, 06:50 PM   #8
Baph

Well done Paws!!

Easy to say what I would of done in that circumstance, but without it happening, I dunno. When my alarm went off due to scrotes trying to lift it into a van, I managed to break a tape drive, but didn't do that on any of the scumbags, unfortunately.

Well done for remembering the phone on your way out though
Old 24-05-07, 06:50 PM   #9
Paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcf View Post
good work....i wouldn't have been level headed enough to pick the bike up immediately, i'd be after the little scr0tbag to give him the mother of all rugby tackles....
He ran across 3 busy main roads to get away, plus you dont know if he had a knife or anything,main thought was to get the bike off him.
Old 24-05-07, 06:52 PM   #10
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
He ran across 3 busy main roads to get away, plus you dont know if he had a knife or anything,main thought was to get the bike off him.
If he cut the ignition wires, he must of had some sort of sharp impliment.