SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-08-08, 01:16 PM   #1
drag

Default Read me if you are traveling by car to Ireland over the next week or 10 days

i've an engine in cardiff im tryin to get over to dublin, the postage is horrific not to mention the hastle of sticking on all those stamps

If you or a colleague are traveling by car to dublin please please let me know if you have room to carry this engine. i promice we will not fill it full of cocaine before we send it ..... altho ...

hope this is ok in Idle banter .. i cant really think of anywhere else to put it ..

dave..
Old 19-08-08, 04:51 PM   #2
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Re: Read me if you are traveling by car to Ireland over the next week or 10 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag View Post
i've an engine in cardiff im tryin to get over to dublin, the postage is horrific not to mention the hastle of sticking on all those stamps

If you or a colleague are traveling by car to dublin please please let me know if you have room to carry this engine. i promice we will not fill it full of cocaine before we send it ..... altho ...

hope this is ok in Idle banter .. i cant really think of anywhere else to put it ..

dave..
Have you considered sending as a pallet? I shipped a TV a while back and it cost about £30 or so. I used a company called Pallex.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-08, 06:08 PM   #3
drag

Default Re: Read me if you are traveling by car to Ireland over the next week or 10 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
Have you considered sending as a pallet? I shipped a TV a while back and it cost about £30 or so. I used a company called Pallex.
http://www.pallex.co.uk

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do for me ... so far the average quote is about 120 euro