SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 02-08-07, 01:31 PM   #1
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Default Coastal Bike Tour!

Now I know I didn't do the tour on my SV as it was still being repaired, but it was still a 650 Suzuki V-Twin that i did it on! (My dads V-Strom)
So here are the pictures for anyone that is interested:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/garratt/CBT2007July07
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 02:54 PM   #2
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Default Re: Coastal Bike Tour!

Sir, with out doubt that is one impressive bike ride...
I salute you sir.

good photos of your epic trip too.

And all in a great cause too.
Old 02-08-07, 02:56 PM   #3
El Saxo

Great photos
Old 02-08-07, 03:01 PM   #4
TEL

Excellent photos

Did i see someone had a bit of an off
Old 02-08-07, 03:02 PM   #5
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Loving this one....

Old 02-08-07, 03:17 PM   #6
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEL View Post
Excellent photos

Did i see someone had a bit of an off
Correct unfortunately...
We were following a car (had been following for maybe a mile or so?) with Mick behind, then Dave, then me.
We came to a VERY tight left-hand corner (over 90 degrees) where you couldn't see the exit to the corner, and just after the corner, the road narrowed slightly.
Just as the car got around the corner, there happened to be another car coming the other way, so the car slammed on their brakes and stopped.
Mick grabbed the front brake, front wheel locked up, and due to a dodgy camber of the road, the wheel went from under him, and into the back of the car him and the bike goes!
Dave with his dodgy rusty brakes, already around the corner, managed to stop in time without locking up.
Now, with the car stopping straight after the corner, with both bikes behind it, it left me no room to go to actually brake on stop, so I ended up going to the right to avoid going into the back of them all, braked but my front wheel also locked up with the dodgy camber, and I ran out of road, going up the bit of grass verge, over the wall at the end of the grass (which launched me up a foot in the air) before coming down the other side of the wall (a 4 foot drop or so) into a field, and I bailed out mid-air. According to those that car, it looked quite stunt-like! lol.

Unfortunately, Mick who went into the back of the car couldn't carry on due to the damage with the bike, although the V-Strom was alright bar a few scratches!

And thanks for dragging that photo up Richie
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 03:28 PM   #7
kwak zzr

good photos matey
Old 04-08-07, 10:26 AM   #8
Tiger 55

A magnificent undertaking! Well done you

Sorry I couldn't join you in the west of Scotland, Mrs Tiger found things for me to do...
Old 04-08-07, 07:11 PM   #9
Ch00

Bring on the V-strom massive !!!!

Nice pics
Old 04-08-07, 09:27 PM   #10
Stingo

WoW! Some trip!! Good one!! Quite like the pic of 'Pykes the Jewellers'. (I got the irony!!) Nasty off though.