SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-09-07, 12:03 PM   #1
hovis

Question mother wants a new cooker

now she has a 55cm width one in a 60cm gap,

so will a 60cm cooker fit in a 60cm gap, as there is couboards both sides of the cooker there will not be anly gaps each side, maybe just a little
Old 19-09-07, 12:09 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: mother wants a new cooker

mesure the gap top and bottom and check its the same, look at new cooker and see if it will fit.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-07, 12:11 PM   #3
hovis

it will, butit will be very tight, and was worried about the sides getting hot & possible setting fire te to cupboard?

Last edited by hovis; 19-09-07 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling...........
Old 19-09-07, 12:13 PM   #4
Ed

But it will stop peas falling down the gap.
Old 19-09-07, 12:18 PM   #5
andyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
it will, butit will be very tight, and was worried about the sides getting hot & possible setting fire te to cupboard?
I wouldnt have thought setting the cupboards on fire would be a problem as they do built in cookers and it doesnt seem to be a problem. If the gap is exactly 60cm and the cooker is exactly 60cm then it should fit but if the gap is 1mm smaller or the cooker 1mm bigger then it wont fit.

IMO
Old 19-09-07, 12:42 PM   #6
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
I wouldnt have thought setting the cupboards on fire would be a problem as they do built in cookers and it doesnt seem to be a problem. If the gap is exactly 60cm and the cooker is exactly 60cm then it should fit but if the gap is 1mm smaller or the cooker 1mm bigger then it wont fit.

IMO
It will fit. Just use a larger hammer. HTH.
Old 19-09-07, 01:16 PM   #7
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M. View Post
It will fit. Just use a larger hammer. HTH.
Correct!
Old 19-09-07, 02:09 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
now she has a 55cm width one in a 60cm gap,

so will a 60cm cooker fit in a 60cm gap, as there is couboards both sides of the cooker there will not be anly gaps each side, maybe just a little
Woohoo! aquestion i can answer with confidence.

Mate i design and sell kitchens!!!

Simple answer is yes it will, but you need to be aware that certain cookers can get very hot on the outside and tho they propably wont set fore to the cabinets they may warp them a bit or make the veneer/laminate peel off the chipboard backing.

Some cookers are double walled at the sides and wont caus you any problems.

HTH but feel free to ask anything else mate.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-07, 02:43 PM   #9
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Mate i design and sell kitchens!!!
And I'm a kitchen fitter lol

Hovis, also make sure you have 600mm between the units towards the back (at the wall).
No good having 600mm at the front only to find out the ajacent units are kicking inwards giving you only 590mm etc..

With reagards to heat, like Spiderman said most cookers these days are double skinned.
Also if the ajacent units are made of chipboard then heat wont be a problem as it is very heat resitant, i.e won't warp or burn etc,though it may discolour after a while.
Even the units that modern intergrated cookers are slotted into are made of chipboard these days for the same reasons above, heat resistant and cheap to make.

If your cooker (which I presume is the slot-in/free standing type) is 600mm and the gap is between the units is 600mm then it will go in, providing the ajacent units are square, it'll be a tight fit though.
Oh, also make sure you have 600mm between the two ajacent worktops, some fitters like to leave a few mm of overhang + add to this the thickness of edging strips (if any).

Hope that helps mate