SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 15-05-04, 08:39 PM   #1
wheelnut

Default Metzeler Roadtec Z6

It looks like we are making a list.

Here is my 2 pennorth

I cannot fault these new Metzelers, They have given me loads of confidence, after the slippy skitty Mez 4.

The front looks the part too if you want a nice pattern.

In the wet they are brilliant and Im not brave enough to frighten myself in the dry
Old 15-05-04, 11:20 PM   #2
mudge32

Strangely enough the only Metz's I've ever had trouble with, were the OEMs on the SV
Old 16-05-04, 10:21 AM   #3
wheelnut

Thats an interesting point. Maybe Suzuki bought a job lot of old MEZ4, they have a shelf life apparently.

In Ride Mag, Dan Caspersz wrote:
"These are Sports-touring tyres and I reckon that makes them ideal for winter riding. The BT010's I was using before were great, but these are better for chilly conditions because they warm up more quickly and upright winter riding doesnt make them square off too fast.
Im one of the first people to be using the Z6 on UK roads and definitely the first to use them on a TRX.

The most noticeable thing after coming off the badly worn Bridgestones is how smoothly the bike rolls into corners now. So far there is no sign of wear at all & Im expecting seriosly good mileage from them.
The Z6 replaces the Z4 which were known to be a bit iffy in the rain.
Any wet weather problems seem to have been completely resolved now. During the miles that I have spent with them so far, the Z6's have never been anything less than absolutely composed."

VERDICT: Good All Round Tyres.

I agree wiv him :P
Old 21-07-04, 12:33 PM   #4
svpilot

Hmmm, interesting. I have just made a phone call about getting a pair of 020s fitted. The guy suggested getting the Metzler Z6 and save £25.

What should I do? I commute all year round. Can antone else give the Z6's a big thumbs up?
Old 21-07-04, 07:26 PM   #5
wheelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpilot
Hmmm, interesting. I have just made a phone call about getting a pair of 020s fitted. The guy suggested getting the Metzler Z6 and save £25.

What should I do? I commute all year round. Can antone else give the Z6's a big thumbs up?
Since posting that post I have done two track days and 3000 miles. I havent changed my opinion of them. They are brilliant :P

It was actually a Bridgstone rep who suggested them to me, he said ideal for the SV. I was only going to fit one so I understood his point, not mixing tyres, but in the end I fitted both
Old 23-07-04, 03:14 PM   #6
svpilot

Well, I went for it and got the MEZ6 fitted! I'll let you know how I get on!

Cheers