SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-04-07, 01:16 PM   #1
andyb

Default bank Transfers

Hi all,

Just had someone contact me about an auction i was running (on eBay) which they forgot to bid on. I still have the item for sale and they want to pay by bank transfer or cheque. Is there any safty issues giving someone my bank account number and sort code for them to do a bank transfer online?

Thanks,
Andy
Old 10-04-07, 01:18 PM   #2
Manguish

Default Re: bank Transfers

I've never ever had any issues.

Could always use your IBAN number - should have same effect i guess. (Found on statements usually).

If you are unsure, use a cheque - safe as houses - but make sure it clears before sending
Old 10-04-07, 01:19 PM   #3
Demonz

I do it all the time and have never had problems with it. Just be careful if they are putting a cheque in the account it may show as a credit and then not clear and be reversed later. I ask them to pay cash into the account or make an online transfer from their own account.
Old 10-04-07, 02:16 PM   #4
DoubleD

I have used the on-line bank transfer load of times and I have given my account number and sort code out to have money paid to me.

No problems at all.
Old 10-04-07, 06:05 PM   #5
cdrsimmonds

I run two separate current accounts. I give out the account details for my first account that i only use for my direct debits, and have my wages paid into my other one. This way if someone did try and use my account details frauduantly, there wouldn't be anything in there anyway