SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-09-09, 08:27 PM   #1
metalangel

Default My new Fazer 600!

Have bitten the bullet and bought this.

No pics of me with it yet but rode it around Swansea for half an hour and it's sooooo comfortable for that sort of riding, the engine is nice and smooth and disturbingly quiet after the thunder of the SV!

Didn't pay that full price either as contrary to the text about it being in superb condition and a credit to the previous owner, it's got rather noticeable rust in a number of places including the shifter and rear brake pedal, radiator and sundry other spots - the rectification of all of which is a condition of my buying it (along with a new rear tire). I said to the salesman that the previous guy must have just not bothered with any protection and just let it corrode and corrode after wet rides which is a real shame as otherwise it's in good condition.

They're tidying it up for me (and fitting my SV's Scottoiler) so I collect it Friday.
Old 07-09-09, 08:29 PM   #2
shonadoll

Default Re: My new Fazer 600!

Very nice!
Old 07-09-09, 08:56 PM   #3
appollo1
Mega Poster

nice bike - i was looking at a Fazer when i was after a bike but my SV was too good a deal to refuse.

http://www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk/ everyone deserves a second chance

RIP Appollo miss you and will always love you x x x x
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 02:38 PM   #4
sv-robo

Always liked the new style fazers(your 600 looks good).....thinking about the fz1s for my next bike,although that won't be anytime soon.
Old 09-09-09, 07:33 AM   #5
Beenz

Nice looking bike that, the engines are very smooth, brilliant for town work and spirited riding. Very comfortable as well.

I got the FZ6 bug myself just last week, the nood S2 version though.
Old 09-09-09, 07:35 AM   #6
hovis

nice bike mr

if you want a lift picking it up just ask, im working 7-12 on friday
Old 09-09-09, 10:55 AM   #7
metalangel

Ta hovis will let you know, I'm prolly in work at some stage so I might just get the train down as JT's is only a hop skip and jump from Swansea station.
Old 09-09-09, 11:02 AM   #8
Foxy

Looks good and will look even better once they clean it up for you . I bet you are looking forward to picking it up.

You just reminded me I need to fit my scott oiler to my bike
Old 09-09-09, 12:11 PM   #9
Mej
Mega Poster

my brother has one and i had a go on it, quicker than the SV but i didnt like the riding position or position of the gear lever. Felt very strange jumping from a roaring twin to a screamer felt like i was over reving it. pretty sure it will do 100 in 2nd though which aint bad. the standard noise is no where near as nice as the twin though, bros has ordered scorpions so i will see what they are like

Mej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 04:34 PM   #10
metalangel

Had a bit of a fuss collecting it, I thought I was in work this morning so came in at 9, at 11:45 was told I should in fact have come for 14:00 as I'd been moved to the late shift! Very understanding team leader let me get the train down to Swansea to collect it and rode it back to work.

So far so good - while it lacks the grunt (both noise and sheer oomph) of the SV it wasn't any chore to ride either in the city or on the motorway... I'm sure with time I'll be in a better position to counter those claims about the 600s being 'gutless' but so far I'm very pleased!