SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bodywork Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 22-06-04, 11:39 PM   #1
SRT2KEN

Default front flush mount turn signals- 03 SV650/S

I bought some front turn signals that stick out for my 2003 SV650 "S" here from Lockhart Philips - [part# 122-9870] (alredy used these on the rear)& I have the spacers/washers that fit the hole to put behind them & I even have the adapter wiring so I dont have to cut the OEM wires, but I dont want the ones that stick out.

my question is- does anyone have the flush(flat) mounted front turn signals that fit that hole?

does anyone have part numbers,links or pics?

Thanx guys- (1st post here-just found this site)
Old 29-06-04, 12:33 PM   #2
uthaug

There are 2 that I know of:

http://www.greggscustoms.com/03_sv.htm

http://www.watsendesign.com/03%201k%...nt_Signals.htm

Don't know for sure if the last ones fit, but I'm hoping, because I've ordered them
Only downside is 5-6 weeks delivery cause they're busy
Old 29-06-04, 09:41 PM   #3
SRT2KEN

thanx for the links!

the 1st ones would look nice, but might not be that easy to see from the front, cuz they dont stick out at all- at least the universal bubble ones stick out a little.

the 2nd ones look AWESOME!! I would get those yestrdy, but I'm not trying to spend that much. post pics after you get them on plz.

I went ahead & put on the ones that I had on the rear in my post from above- I got the exact fit washer kit to go behind them from the dealer- they stick out a little, but not as bad as I thought- I will post pics later. I just put on the front fairing a coupla days ago- looks killer!!
Old 30-06-04, 04:24 PM   #4
uthaug

Yeah, I'll post pics whenever (if ever ) I get them.
Might take a couple of weeks though.

I would like to see this washer kit you mention.
Old 30-06-04, 04:27 PM   #5
uthaug

Since you're from the States are you then familiar with www.svrider.com and www.socalsvriders.org ?
Old 30-06-04, 05:48 PM   #6
Cloggsy

Have you seen the 'ROCA' kit?

The ROCA kit converts the sidelights to Indicators...

I'll try & locate the link
Old 30-06-04, 09:11 PM   #7
SRT2KEN

uthuag -
the washer kit- you know how if you remove the front turn sig there's an empty space behind it if you put another stalk thats smaller behind it you will see body color, plus its not very stable cuz you are bolting into the plastic of the fairing & it will crack, so they cut some big washers in the exact fit of the hex hole for the front & behind the hole also, then they give you a rubber gromit between the two washers- I think it was like 10 or 15 USD for the kit- simple really. so now all you see is black from the outside. and its stronger, and the rubber helps prolong the life of the bulb(less vibration)---even though there's rubber on the base of the stalk also.

...and same screename on svrider.com but I aint heard of the other one- I will take a look at that opne though- Thanx!

cloggsy -- I've never heard of the ROCA, if you do find the link, plz let me know. thanx.
Old 30-06-04, 09:49 PM   #8
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT2KEN
cloggsy -- I've never heard of the ROCA, if you do find the link, plz let me know. thanx.
It's a french company, so the site is all in french click here

We can order ROCA stuff in the UK from Banditmania so I'm sure you'll have ROCA stckists in the US of A

Hope this helps
Old 30-06-04, 10:29 PM   #9
SRT2KEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT2KEN
It's a french company, so the site is all in french click here

We can order ROCA stuff in the UK from Banditmania so I'm sure you'll have ROCA stckists in the US of A

Hope this helps
thanx! is this it?:"Embout de Guidon, Anodisé et Carbone 24,00"
Old 01-07-04, 12:33 AM   #10
Cloggsy

This one