SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-01-15, 05:36 AM   #11
Berlin

Default Re: where has pt6 been?

Well done PT!
Wanna swap an extended Holiday in Canada (good for the nerves) for a bit of filming? I need a fishing DVD making! You'd get to do the usual bear/eagle/moose/wolf/salmon/mountains thing too

Last edited by Berlin; 30-01-15 at 06:20 AM.
Old 30-01-15, 06:49 AM   #12
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
errrr, excuse me, but please don't leave me out! especially as I get my license back soonish supposedly

good luck with it all mate
Licence irrelevant as Paul and Rob won't have bikes.
Old 30-01-15, 03:24 PM   #13
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
where has pt6 been?

in a galaxy far far away...

dont give up the bikes, i done that for 20 odd years and regretted every year of it. yes friends crash, hurt themselves and some die but why live your life in fear of the 'what if' when you can live life. we are not here for a long time so make sure its a good time.
haha cheers Bib - yeah it's weird 2 years ago I always tried to ride like the devil, dipping my knee on corners and getting the front up over crests... Used to find it really exciting. The few times I went out last year I was either bored within half an hour or had a touch of the anxiety after. I may well miss it in 2-3 years time and decide to get back on two wheels but for now I think I'm done

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Hey those hours you were doing were proper crazy, obviously your previous employer hadn't heard about the Working Time Directive. I'm glad you've given it up, and got your shizz back together, it very important to get you work/life balance right, and hopefully you're in a happier place because of it.

Give biking a break, but don't sell your bike.

Good luck with your new venture, at least its something you love doing
Cheers zAp! Yeah we were all signed out of the working time directive which is fine for the occasional long day as we'd usually be able to claw time off in lieu but it got to the point where we were so busy there was no time available to book days off etc. Just silly. The top boss man was a sound guy and had talked about re-structuring pay but it never came to anything. I spoke to my office manager who was a complete and utter poison BlTCH, told her I was having mental health issues and starting to fall apart, her reply was "well we're all very busy at the minute"... from the woman who sat in the warm office at her desk monday to friday 9 to 5 spitting venom down the phone when she can't get her own way while the rest of us were working 20 hour days and right through our weekends.

Was a great feeling when I handed my notice and sick note in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
Oh sell the zx9 to me for penuts
£3k and it's your. 2004, only about 20,000 miles if I remember rightly and it's one of the rare last ones, plenty of 01 02 models around, but the 04's are a little less common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
errrr, excuse me, but please don't leave me out! especially as I get my license back soonish supposedly

good luck with it all mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Licence irrelevant as Paul and Rob won't have bikes.
You guys are always welcome to stop over for a weekend if you're up here touring sorry I missed you when you were up in autumn Clare - work was ruling all at that point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
Well done PT!
Wanna swap an extended Holiday in Canada (good for the nerves) for a bit of filming? I need a fishing DVD making! You'd get to do the usual bear/eagle/moose/wolf/salmon/mountains thing too
NICE. May well take you up on this Carl? Where abouts are you based? I know some people from Calgary and a guy in Ottawa but something in my mind is saying you're BC? I've also just invested in one of these for my camera gear, on wheels, fits absolutely everything in and complies with majority of airline carry on hand luggage size restrictions I'll stick my crane, glide track and glide cam in the main luggage

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-15, 03:25 PM   #14
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

- latest video I produced just published this lunchtime feel free to rip it to bits

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Old 30-01-15, 03:43 PM   #15
Geodude
Mega Poster

Shame your hanging your lid up but maybe just for a short while wont be to bad. You were the first orger i ever met in the flesh at one of your stop points on a carlsberg ride (leeming bar sevices) i rode to hawes with you all but couldn't keep up so had a bag of chips and went home

Hope you do well in your new venture as i think you have a real skill with the video work. I still love to watch your catherine wheel video (where is part 2 ) as it always cheers me up no matter how low im feeling and its got to be down to the way you put your videos together not just the people in them.

Anyway i waffle on a bit, good luck and much love G.

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-15, 04:40 PM   #16
Berlin

Terrace, BC Paul. Outdoor persons paradise...
Old 30-01-15, 04:58 PM   #17
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

I'm on me way

Old 30-01-15, 05:22 PM   #18
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Oh your definition of penuts is the world's top 1% lol
Old 31-01-15, 10:59 AM   #19
missyburd

Glad to hear you've bitten the bullet Paul, takes balls to go all out and start your own with it all, wishing you the best of luck with the videography business. I know that feeling of quitting a job before you're driven mad with it, best feeling in the world when you've handed that notice in and realise you're FREEEEE!
Old 31-01-15, 10:51 PM   #20
metalmonkey

Hi Paul, being freelance is hard for sure good luck with it! I spent the day at the BSC Expo was good fun, had a tour of the new digital 65mm that Arri have built shoots up to 6.5K raw! 2TB last 40 minutes...

What camera, lens and light have you got?

The clients rent the gear I use, I mostly shoot on Alexa at 2k Prores, but did a commercial yesterday at 6K. I mostly work as camera technician.

I shot the ground footage but not the edit;

Not be using my bike, been spending it a lot on kit I run a Macbook Pro with FCP7 and Resolve Lite 11.

Check out BVE next month should be a good event with good kit to check out.