SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 24-11-06, 01:36 PM   #1
silent

Default zx10r 2005 rear shock absorber - Great upgrade - now cheaper

I have had this shi=ock absorber since it was basically new. I have done about 3000 miles on it on my curvy sv. I believe it will also fit the pointies but i am not certain, please find out for yourself.

It is in good condition and the pictures highlight any markes. These consist of a few nicks to the red spring and light scratching to the gold shock where it moves up and don and at the top where the foam holding the battery up rested.

Thr information i could find on it says this about it:

"Rear Suspension - Bottom-Link Uni-Trak with gas-charged shock and top-out spring, stepless compression, rebound and preload adjustment"

It has lots of adjustment and is a great adition to improve your bike. I am selling as my bike now basically comutes and i will be selling and getting a car soon.

I would like £47.50 ONO including postage please,

thanks

andy

Old 24-11-06, 04:09 PM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Hi Andy

How much do you weigh in kit? How does the shock cope with that weight? How does the shock cope with a pillion?

Thanks
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-06, 04:17 PM   #3
silent

im about 11 stone in kit about 12 stone probably (back box on the bike as well....i know say no more...commuter)

I have taken a pillion many times, infact paulthewitt on here is my bro and he has been on the back plenty...

I feel it copes well, although somne argue it is oversprung for my weight i find it ok, i just reduced the compression damping a bit and uped it with a pillion.

I am no suspension expert but would like to think i feel a difference in the bikes handling. I have the old shock on now and i feel this is more responsive and gives more feedback whilst giving me confidense and road holding.

Overall a great CHEAP upgrade, of course it will never beat an ohlins or similar but they are about 5 times the pice if not more...imo

Andy
Old 27-11-06, 07:39 PM   #4
silent

now cheaper
Old 28-11-06, 03:14 PM   #5
weazelz

pm sent
Old 29-11-06, 11:47 AM   #6
silent

provisionally sold.

thankyou
Old 29-11-06, 12:55 PM   #7
silent

fully sold, thankyou!
Old 12-01-07, 12:13 PM   #8
kazuhiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent
fully sold, thankyou!
Hi silent, is the ZX10 2004 model rear suspension able to install to the sv 650 2001 model?
Wat kind of modification is needed to be done on the bike?

thanks..
Old 12-01-07, 02:56 PM   #9
silent

i have pmed you back.

mods involve citting the battery box and repositioning battery slightly, and having less space under the front seat. plus you need another bolt for i think it was the top of the shocker, which this ne came with.
Old 16-01-07, 02:56 PM   #10
kazuhiko

Thank for the info which you have pm mi. i have just install the zx 10 rear shock today, i will say that this shock is really better compare to the oem shock as i can adjust the shock according to my liking..