SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-07-08, 06:45 AM   #1
Laverda 3ce

Default Accommodation, Pamplona etc.

Hi all,
we are three couples heading for a European tour at the end of next month. Ferry over to Santander, (a first for us) then first night stop in Pamplona. Can anybody recommend biker friendly accommodation for 6. Have trawled through loads on the net but would rather go with a recommendation than taking pot luck. Doesnt have to be fancy, B&B, Hotel, or appartment with space for 5 bikes.
From there we move on to Andorra, Carcassonne, Arles, and Menton. Any info for any of these places would be welcomed.
Cheers.
Old 20-07-08, 06:53 AM   #2
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Re: Accommodation, Pamplona etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laverda 3ce View Post
Carcassonne
It was a few years back but we did the Canal du Midi by longboat, and i remember this town was on the way somewhere, very nice. If it's anywhere near the locks of Beziers i'd recommend a quick trip, something like 13 locks in a row
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-08, 07:17 AM   #3
Laverda 3ce

Thanks for that Lonewolf. We were there in 1981,(showing my age now) Villeneuve-Les-Beziers. Would have loved a few days on the canal, got talking with an Irish couple at the time and they were having a great time.
Used to holiday in your part of the world when the kids were young (80's) at holiday park at Whitecliff above Sandown
Old 20-07-08, 07:53 AM   #4
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Can't help with the accom. fella, but I can recommend staying on the "Best Motorway In The World" , the A-8 and then head south on the N-121A.

Takes you right into Pamplona but is far more entertaining than the motorways.

Got stopped in the middle of nowhere by the army on that road about 4yr ago. Lots of heavily armed dudes crouched in the undergrowth and Rambo Espanol stood at the top of the hill with a GPMG round him. A little disconcerting and a bit shocking till you remember you are deep in gun-running territory.

Please don't let that give you the heebie-geebies , the roads and scenery more than make up for it!

Have a gid yin.

Last edited by STRAMASHER; 20-07-08 at 07:54 AM. Reason: fzzzzzzzzt...............brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-08, 10:32 AM   #5
instigator

Quote:
Hi all,
we are three couples heading for a European tour at the end of next month. Ferry over to Santander, (a first for us) then first night stop in Pamplona. Can anybody recommend biker friendly accommodation for 6. Have trawled through loads on the net but would rather go with a recommendation than taking pot luck. Doesnt have to be fancy, B&B, Hotel, or appartment with space for 5 bikes.
From there we move on to Andorra, Carcassonne, Arles, and Menton. Any info for any of these places would be welcomed.
Cheers.
Who did you book the ferry trip with?

I can't justify buying tickets for over £200 and I'm going to go to either santander or calais start of september.
Old 20-07-08, 10:55 AM   #6
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Used to holiday in your part of the world when the kids were young (80's) at holiday park at Whitecliff above Sandown
cool, i'm 5 minutes up the road in shanklin, but then you're never far from any part of the island what with it being so small

enjoy the eurotrip, i'm planning something similar for next year
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote