SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-03-10, 10:08 PM   #1
kiggles

Default need advice on spraying

I really want a SV650s in white. i plan to buy a k5 for around £2500 and get another set of fairing off ebay and get them all sprayed white as well as geting hold of a tank and spraying that.

has anyone got experience with spraying faring white and any idea how much it will cost to try achieve this?

or an alternative would be get hold of the tank fairing ETC already in white but i wouldnt know where to buy it has any one got any advice???
Old 13-03-10, 10:51 PM   #2
haggis

Default Re: need advice on spraying

I'm quite sure you aren't gonna get a set of them in white already, apart from ebay 2nd hand..... a bit of a gamble finish-wise as they'll have been sprayed up by gawd knows who. So that rules the second option out.

If you can live without the use of the bike for a few weeks, then why not prep the panels on the bike you're thinking of buying? Only takes an evening. Then hand them to any car bodyshop place you trust. As you'll be picking the shade of white, not colour-matching existing panels, this should be the most cost-effective way.

Cost wise - a few hundred for the paint and time. More if you want candy/pearls on there.

Last edited by haggis; 13-03-10 at 10:53 PM.
Old 13-03-10, 11:25 PM   #3
kiggles

as i already have sv650 i dont nessarly need to use the second one i just want it in white white i can spead much time over. cost will come to about £3,500. which almost price of a bike new !!!!

in what way can i prep the panels? atm more than likely will be getting a red sv650 k5-k6. buy new set of fairing etc off ebay which should be around £500 including second hand tank and then get body spray place like you sed but would i just be better off getting a different bike lol?
Old 14-03-10, 08:45 AM   #4
maviczap
Mega Poster

PM SVrory he's a sprayer, so he can advise you on cost and what prep you can do.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-10, 09:21 AM   #5
BBadger

Iv been looking for sprayers but they seem abit few and far between around here.
Let me know if you find anyone you think is good and reasonable.