SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-05-13, 12:21 PM   #1
byron126

Question Lumpy Power When Past 7k Revs?

I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue I have been having where when I want to go for it on the throttle, past say about 7k revs, I change gear and come back on the throttle quickly it feels really odd, almost bogging down? Could this have something to do with my Throttle Stop and Plates in the injectors restriction kit? http://forums.sv650.org/images/smilies/confused.gif
Old 06-05-13, 09:30 PM   #2
otaylor38

Default Re: Lumpy Power When Past 7k Rev's?

Restricted the 33bhp?

It could be. When i had mine restricted it used to surge at high revs but actually slower than at lower revs

Now theyre out, it really starts shifting by 7k and seems happier the more its revving
Old 06-05-13, 10:35 PM   #3
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Feel like telling us what bike you've got?
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 11:05 PM   #4
byron126

K6 sv650, it seems like the most logical option, had to go with cheaper almost homemade restrictions which do the job but probably aren't as good as Fi international. Oh well only another year and 7 months of restricted joy to go.
Old 06-05-13, 11:08 PM   #5
stuR

If you get pulled and they ask to see proof of restriction how are you gona if you did it at home? You need to FI cert..
Old 07-05-13, 07:53 AM   #6
otaylor38

Mcn did an article recently saying how the restriction cert is not proof of restriction or a legally required document. The only way the police can tell if its restricted, is to temporarily sieze it and put it on a dyno.

Even if you have the document, how do they know you havent taken it out? All the document says is that it was restricted, on the date specified on the bit of paper.

As long as it is 33bhp or less, i wouldnt worry about it. Ride safe and dont go speeding everywhere, and hopefully you wont get stopped anyway
Old 07-05-13, 09:35 AM   #7
stuR

Fair enough, i take that back then. Should of saved myself the horrendous cost of a restrictor! I think from the op it does sound like it could be the restrictor. I find on mine it sounds like its going to keep on revving and then you get to a point and it just tails off. Still revs to redline easily 1st n 2nd tho
Old 07-05-13, 11:16 AM   #8
otaylor38

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuR View Post
Fair enough, i take that back then. Should of saved myself the horrendous cost of a restrictor! I think from the op it does sound like it could be the restrictor. I find on mine it sounds like its going to keep on revving and then you get to a point and it just tails off. Still revs to redline easily 1st n 2nd tho
Its an expensive do isnt it mate. Nevermind, its still quick enough really. Im kinda glad i restricted mine. Theres enough power to learn how to ride in the corners, then it just makes it even more fun when you take em out. Having the confidence.
Old 07-05-13, 12:19 PM   #9
stuR

Default Re: Lumpy Power When Past 7k Revs?

Yup i thought i had out grown the restriction after a year or so, but when i started adv training i unlocked alot more potential. Now i think 33 is fine for me in all areas other than on straights and overtakes where i need more punch
Old 07-05-13, 05:11 PM   #10
otaylor38

Default Re: Lumpy Power When Past 7k Revs?

I agree. Still have speed limits which we have/supposed to abide by. You only end up breaking those as soon as you open it up unrestricted lol