SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-12-07, 10:36 PM   #1
DoubleD

Default White Van Man strikes again...

Luckily the SV is fine as I was in the car.

The car however did not do so well, I was sat at red light waiting my turn when I heard that "skidding on wet road" sound then CRUNCH

back bumper and reversing sensors
back lights
can't shut boot as the catch is about 2 inches out of aligment
exhaust bent and now knocks
back pasanger wing has also bent a little bit

Me and my passanger are OK, just got sore backs and stiff necks, a nice lady came over and gave me her details and said she saw the whole thing which was nice, got his name and address and the VAN HIRE COMPANY details so I can make a claim.

The nice lady witness said he came charging down the road then just skidded into the back of me. Can he not see a red traffic lights and a bright orange car!

The roads are slippery out there so watch yourselfs guys and girls.
Old 11-12-07, 10:50 PM   #2
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Re: White Van Man strikes again...

Oh blimey!

Glad you are both ok. Got to ask though.................did you cut your fingers gaff-taping bits together?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 10:57 PM   #3
SV-net

Hey come on now we all know white van man is a unique breed whose rules of the road are nothing like ours. I recently sat in slow traffic being followed by one on his phone whilst a Police car was beside him. Did he get pulled......err no!!
Strange folk
Old 11-12-07, 10:58 PM   #4
DoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
Oh blimey!

Glad you are both ok. Got to ask though.................did you cut your fingers gaff-taping bits together?
Now were would you get the idea that I cut my fingers when gaffa taping bits together

no cut fingers, just bent metal and bumper sticking out at the side but decided to leave it as is as it wasn't going anywhere and it didn't move when doing 70MPH on the way home.
Old 12-12-07, 12:10 AM   #5
metalmonkey

Good hear your okay, its lucky that you weren't on the bike! At least the car can be fixed that the main thing.

Yeah its very cold out there right now, really take care people. I had to scrape my car tonight, that was about 11pm, so the ice is there!

Yeah white van, cab drivers lorries and buses really annoy me, well most things annoy me on the road , bad driving really annoys me! I chased a guy down for using his mobile phone, he won't be doing that again!
Old 12-12-07, 12:27 AM   #6
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-net View Post
Hey come on now we all know white van man is a unique breed whose rules of the road are nothing like ours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
Yeah white van, cab drivers lorries and buses really annoy me

Oh just tar us all with the same brush then!!! Not all WVM are like that! But then i'm in no doubt that whoever it was would be getting a slating for the accident be it a young, old, female, male driver etc
Old 12-12-07, 01:02 AM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

WVM is statistically less likely to have an accident than Car Man or Motorcycle Man And it was a very nice WVM who I ran into last week, and helped pick the bike up.

On the other hand, my brother Ian's a WVM. And you're a c**k, Ian, if you're still reading the forum, you SPY!
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 09:41 AM   #8
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Must have been the night for it then.

We were hit by a car trying to turn right behind us.

We were stopped, about 3rd in a queue to a T junction, she came alongside, waited for us to move forwards and went for a gap that I would have struggled to get the SV through. Pushed my Skoda Superb (big, heavy car) about two feet sideways. Smacked my bad knee on the door, Val's hip and neck both aching. Luckily, both kids in proper car seats so AOK there. My knee now very sore again, swollen up to the same size as last Thursday after the operation. Big bruise on Mrs Bluepete. Kerching comes to mind!

I did manage to get her to write a version of events down and sign it accepting blaim though, so no problems with claims etc!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 09:46 AM   #9
Kate Moss

I hate the thought of car accidents so i'm glad you are ok. People should take more care and it reminds me to slow down a bit so thank you.
Old 12-12-07, 09:50 AM   #10
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
Must have been the night for it then.

We were hit by a car trying to turn right behind us.

We were stopped, about 3rd in a queue to a T junction, she came alongside, waited for us to move forwards and went for a gap that I would have struggled to get the SV through. Pushed my Skoda Superb (big, heavy car) about two feet sideways. Smacked my bad knee on the door, Val's hip and neck both aching. Luckily, both kids in proper car seats so AOK there. My knee now very sore again, swollen up to the same size as last Thursday after the operation. Big bruise on Mrs Bluepete. Kerching comes to mind!

I did manage to get her to write a version of events down and sign it accepting blaim though, so no problems with claims etc!
hehe. I bet they loved the fact you were a cop. My sisters friend crashed in to the back of a car the other day; a pair of cops got out of the unmarked car - unlucky! It's funny how a car full of 6th form girls seem to get away it though