SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-02-07, 10:51 AM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default That's mental ...

After going to bed about 1pm after a hard evenings minimoto, I actually woke up at ~5:20 this am … and I mean wide awake … what’s that all bout!?!? such that I knew it was pointless staying in bed coz I’d only get back to sleep just before the alarm went off (~8 ) and that is well annoying … so I took the opportunity to miss the traffic in the morning … I got my stuff together and headed off towards the gym with the intention of killing a bit of time there before going into work (its 80% of the way to work and past the worst of the traffic) …. Now the gym opens bright and early at 6:30am … however where there was very little traffic, I realised I was going to get there about 6am … so would have ~½ hour to kill … rather than sit in the car in the dark, I donned my running shoes and shorts and went for a run at 5:54am this morning in the dark with wind and rain … I mean that is just mental!!

So a 40 min run … I then spent about an hour or so in the gym after it opened doing a few weights, a swim (saw the sun rise whilst I was in the outdoor pool ), sauna and seam (to thaw back out ) and I thought I better get moving at that point … all that I still got into work about 8:15!! ... that's about when my alarm normally goes off!!

It was actually surprising how many people were in the gym that time in the morning … (I go in the evening after work, my first time before work)
Old 12-02-07, 10:58 AM   #2
thor

And tonight you will fall asleep in front of the TV whilst dribbling all over your shirt.
Old 12-02-07, 11:32 AM   #3
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
And tonight you will fall asleep in front of the TV whilst dribbling all over your shirt.
Indeed ... being awake at 6am (let alone running) might be the norm for many, so they don;t know what all the fuss is about, but believe me it isn't the norm for me!! I'm a night owl me!!

The cool thing is that it means I don't feel I have to go to the gym tonight!!
Old 12-02-07, 11:38 AM   #4
Bluewolf

Last edited by Bluewolf; 17-01-11 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-02-07, 12:01 PM   #5
Steve H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf
I don't feel I have to go to the gym ANY night...

Oh yes, in answer to the title of the topic,.............That IS mental!
Old 12-02-07, 12:50 PM   #6
Blue_SV650S

Unfortunately having a desk job any exercise has to be extra curricular for me ... and as I don't want to be out of puff simply getting from the sofa to the fridge and I do have to keep ontop of 'bellys gonna get ya' battle its a means to an end for me ... it's tru as a side effect I am forced to endure watching lots of scantily clad sweaty females bending in all sorts of positions in the process, but that is a pain I am willing to endure for the greater good!!

But running by myself, in the dark, in the rain, on a windy morning before 6am ... I mean, whats going on with that?!?!?

I think on a daily basis I am beginning to loose more and more of a grip on reality!!
Old 12-02-07, 03:59 PM   #7
furrybean

I know what you mean. Sometimes I look after my sisters dogs and house while she is on holiday. It involves walking them before and after work which sometimes is about 5am. Its amazing in the ******** of winter how many people walk past you cheerily yelling Morning! at you when you don't have a clue where you are as your eyes are still sealed shut with sleep!
Old 12-02-07, 08:09 PM   #8
MavUK

Default Re: That's mental ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
After going to bed about 1pm after a hard evenings minimoto, I actually woke up at ~5:20 this am … and I mean wide awake … what’s that all bout!?!? such that I knew it was pointless staying in bed coz I’d only get back to sleep just before the alarm went off (~8 ) and that is well annoying … so I took the opportunity to miss the traffic in the morning … I got my stuff together and headed off towards the gym with the intention of killing a bit of time there before going into work (its 80% of the way to work and past the worst of the traffic) …. Now the gym opens bright and early at 6:30am … however where there was very little traffic, I realised I was going to get there about 6am … so would have ~½ hour to kill … rather than sit in the car in the dark, I donned my running shoes and shorts and went for a run at 5:54am this morning in the dark with wind and rain … I mean that is just mental!!

So a 40 min run … I then spent about an hour or so in the gym after it opened doing a few weights, a swim (saw the sun rise whilst I was in the outdoor pool ), sauna and seam (to thaw back out ) and I thought I better get moving at that point … all that I still got into work about 8:15!! ... that's about when my alarm normally goes off!!

It was actually surprising how many people were in the gym that time in the morning … (I go in the evening after work, my first time before work)
I hate you.

My alarm goes off at 5:40, by 8:15 I've been in the office for 30 mins+.

Grrrr.

Stu

Old 12-02-07, 08:15 PM   #9
socommk23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Unfortunately having a desk job any exercise has to be extra curricular for me ... and as I don't want to be out of puff simply getting from the sofa to the fridge and I do have to keep ontop of 'bellys gonna get ya' battle its a means to an end for me ... it's tru as a side effect I am forced to endure watching lots of scantily clad sweaty females bending in all sorts of positions in the process, but that is a pain I am willing to endure for the greater good!!

But running by myself, in the dark, in the rain, on a windy morning before 6am ... I mean, whats going on with that?!?!?

I think on a daily basis I am beginning to loose more and more of a grip on reality!!
i seen how you ride that minimoto!

you lost it a long time ago dude!
Old 12-02-07, 08:28 PM   #10
philipMac

I tried this going into Manhattan. Turns out its not as clever as it looks. The traffic at 6.30 ish was brutal, worse than at 9.00. I was so annoyed, all worked up thinking I would get a clear run in, I did some very dubious overtaking.
Yeah... so it ends up better to leave after the rush hour, and get in a little bit late. Oh well.