SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-09-09, 06:49 PM   #1
DSGMATT

Default RE; Main Dealer Experience (Honda)

Just thought I would share my main dealer experience with you all from earlier on today. Honda Dealer in Lancashire - had my CBR booked in for replacement CCT, Brake Fluid replacement and general once over for any nasties.

Got to the dealer reception - was pleasantly suprised how rider friendly the layout was and how efficiently they booked my bike in. The waiting area had free drinks - an accessories and clothing section built in to the parts dept and a view over the bikes for sale area. All staff were very helpful - the prices very reasonable - so much so that I bought some chain cleaner and lube that they had on offer and managed to order some R&G Crash Bungs for less cost than I had found on ebay/ elsewhere. The Parts Manager is even personally delivering them to my door on Wed evening as I pulled my face about paying postage costs

The work was finished in good time - no damage or surprises awaited me on collection. All in all - the price was lower than expected and only around 15% higher than quotes from independant garages - plus a nice Honda stamp and write up in my SB. I must say that I was pleasantly suprised by the whole experience - previous visits to many cage main dealers has left me with damage to my cars - extra costs and lists of apparent urgent works that are suddenly needed

So - a big thumbs up for this main dealer and I shall definetly be recommending them.

Cheers, Matt
DSGMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-09, 06:52 PM   #2
merlin427

Default Re: RE; Main Dealer Experience (Honda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGMATT View Post
Just thought I would share my main dealer experience with you all from earlier on today. Honda Dealer in Lancashire - had my CBR booked in for replacement CCT, Brake Fluid replacement and general once over for any nasties.

Got to the dealer reception - was pleasantly suprised how rider friendly the layout was and how efficiently they booked my bike in. The waiting area had free drinks - an accessories and clothing section built in to the parts dept and a view over the bikes for sale area. All staff were very helpful - the prices very reasonable - so much so that I bought some chain cleaner and lube that they had on offer and managed to order some R&G Crash Bungs for less cost than I had found on ebay/ elsewhere. The Parts Manager is even personally delivering them to my door on Wed evening as I pulled my face about paying postage costs

The work was finished in good time - no damage or surprises awaited me on collection. All in all - the price was lower than expected and only around 15% higher than quotes from independant garages - plus a nice Honda stamp and write up in my SB. I must say that I was pleasantly suprised by the whole experience - previous visits to many cage main dealers has left me with damage to my cars - extra costs and lists of apparent urgent works that are suddenly needed

So - a big thumbs up for this main dealer and I shall definetly be recommending them

Cheers, Matt
So who are they, I've got to get mine sorted soon.
Old 21-09-09, 06:55 PM   #3
DSGMATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin427 View Post
So who are they, I've got to get mine sorted soon.
http://www.blackpool-honda.co.uk/showroom/

Don't know which side of Preston you are but really easy to get to and from our end.

Regards, Matt
Old 21-09-09, 07:48 PM   #4
merlin427

I had hear some mixed reports about Blackpool Honda but I think the next nearest to me is Lancaster (I'm out Southport way but work near Lytham) so it's good to hear a good report. Honda dealers are a bit thin on the ground these days!
Old 21-09-09, 07:56 PM   #5
DSGMATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin427 View Post
I had hear some mixed reports about Blackpool Honda but I think the next nearest to me is Lancaster (I'm out Southport way but work near Lytham) so it's good to hear a good report. Honda dealers are a bit thin on the ground these days!
Ah rite - Are you Much Hoole/ Tarleton way then?

TBH - I guess the service you get is only as good as your expectations or how the team are feeling on the day you visit. I think they valued my business as they mentioned twice that service work was very low on the ground and that the dealer principal is big on bikes with an emphasis on value. I just liked the fact that the bike parking area was nowhere near any cars and right outside the front of the building in clear view - away from the oldies in the civics
Old 21-09-09, 10:28 PM   #6
merlin427

Quote:
Ah rite - Are you Much Hoole/ Tarleton way then?

TBH - I guess the service you get is only as good as your expectations or how the team are feeling on the day you visit. I think they valued my business as they mentioned twice that service work was very low on the ground and that the dealer principal is big on bikes with an emphasis on value. I just liked the fact that the bike parking area was nowhere near any cars and right outside the front of the building in clear view - away from the oldies in the civics
I may give them a go, have been wondering whether to get it done now or wait 'til the beginning of next year, good points you make, may be worth doing it now/soon.

Yep, Tarleton.
Old 22-09-09, 09:01 AM   #7
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Sorry to be a bit cynical but have you checked the work was actually done yet?
Sounds good otherwise though.
Old 22-09-09, 10:03 AM   #8
DSGMATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Sorry to be a bit cynical but have you checked the work was actually done yet?
Sounds good otherwise though.
Dont be sorry - yes I am pretty sure that the work has been completed as the rattle that the CCT gave has disappeared completely - which even if they had adjusted the original - it would still be audible. Also the front Calipers have had the bleed nipples renewed and the fluid in the sight glass on the resovoir is noticeably cleaner.

Matt
Old 22-09-09, 10:11 AM   #9
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Dont be sorry - yes I am pretty sure that the work has been completed as the rattle that the CCT gave has disappeared completely - which even if they had adjusted the original - it would still be audible. Also the front Calipers have had the bleed nipples renewed and the fluid in the sight glass on the resovoir is noticeably cleaner.

Matt
Excellent And with the parts being cheaper than ebay sounds a good find.

My main quibble with main dealers (again on cars) was they didn't like doing the work they were getting overpaid for and liked it less when you took it back to them to be completed with proof they hadn't done it.
Never dared take my bike!
Old 22-09-09, 11:46 AM   #10
merlin427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Excellent And with the parts being cheaper than ebay sounds a good find.

My main quibble with main dealers (again on cars) was they didn't like doing the work they were getting overpaid for and liked it less when you took it back to them to be completed with proof they hadn't done it.
Never dared take my bike!
I agree, I'm only doing it due to being in warranty and wanting to keep it that way. Next year I'll either do it myself or get it done independent to keep some sort of service history and hence resale value unless I'm really impressed (not easy) in which case I may keep it up at Honda again for resale value.