SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 25-10-15, 08:04 PM   #311
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Ha, Cool!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-15, 02:51 PM   #312
Viney
Mega Poster

I have an old Disc Camera and a Kodak 110 flip somewhere. Maria has a Diana F Lomo Kit and some old out of date film. One day we'll do some shots with it
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-15, 08:55 PM   #313
Kenzie

Wow, disc cameras. No chance of them being used again. 110 is as expensive as 127 film so mine don't get used much. Get some film for the Lomo and get shooting! Just had a Fujica GER arrive. It's a tiny 35mm rangefinder. Makes the Zorki 10 seem even more massive!

Sent from my Kindle Fire
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-15, 08:48 PM   #314
Kenzie

The Zenit seemed to have an issue with winding on. Given its value it wasn't worth repairing. The Helios 44M is a keeper. Just bought a Pentax to M42 adapter to mount to the MV1. Also managed to get a spare on10 rewind crank to fit the MV1.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Last edited by Kenzie; 01-11-15 at 08:51 AM.
Old 31-10-15, 11:16 PM   #315
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bencini-Co...-/121798969873
Comet, 99p plus postage or a ride up to Notts, no bids yet, ends just before 10am Sunday though! I often trawl the last-minute ads - looks like someone is going to get an Olympus XA for 6p. This is probably the reason I have too many cameras - but not as much as you Kenzie.
Old 01-11-15, 08:49 AM   #316
Kenzie

Well I do have an XA3 on the way to replace my slightly not working and scratched lens XA2. Will probably strip it for spares. I used some screws from the Zenit to replace some odd ones I fitted to the Akarette, looks normal now. Would also like to replace my Pentax Auto 110 at some point as it won't wind on properly. Would love the Comet but 127 is £7.99 a roll at the mo. I will wait to see if he has any offers on. Might strip and clean the other Ensign Ful Vue I picked up the other day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1518616371...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by Kenzie; 01-11-15 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-11-15, 09:28 PM   #317
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Maybe it's Baader-Meinhof but I see lots of 110 Auto sets on Gumtree. I've only ever seen one in the flesh, at a wedding many years ago, I couldn't figure out what looked like an SLR but was way too small.
Old 09-11-15, 01:32 PM   #318
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I'm still half way through the first roll I've put in my Zeiss Contessamat since fixing it, but on Friday I got my prints back from the Contessa LKE, and also Ikonta. The latter was using Portra 400ISO, and I think I need to let it overexpose a bit (I was allowing for the slow shutter speed - shouldn't have bothered), but all colours were bright and nice contrast. That and I need to check the field of view, I think it's a good bit more than you see in the finder. In hindsight 400ISO was a bit daft for a camera with slow shutter speeds (up to 1/300 but this is really running at more like 1/160) and a slow lens (f3.5 I think) and it's a pig to try to get a filter to fit, but I might just have a to get a big ND one of 2 stops and hold it in front or something.

The Contessa is 35mm, and was all working except the rear lens element was hazy and it was really ruining the pictures. I swapped it for another and the sharpness now is up there with an SLR, though maybe you can't tell because my scanner just isn't very good - the prints look great.

Autumn by John Rodriguez, on Flickr
Duck race by John Rodriguez, on Flickr
Old 09-11-15, 04:06 PM   #319
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Love those ducks. Nice images and as you say, pretty sharp.
Old 09-11-15, 08:56 PM   #320
Kenzie

Nice shots Johnny! So my recent additions include an XA3 to replace my temperamental, lightleaking and scratched lens XA2, an Agfa Optima Sensor and a replacement for my Auto 110 that won't wind properly. I bought an adapter to mount the Helios 44m onto the MV1 or P30T but it won't focus to infinity. I think the adapter has shifted the focal distance a bit. I also picked up a bunch of Agfa film from Poundland to feed the hungry 35mm clan. Willing to send out the XA2 to anyone who likes to tinker with electronics and who might be able to sort the lens marks out. Also considering reskinning one of the Trip 35s with this:

http://skinslove.com/product_info.php/products_id/2326

Thoughts?

The Agfa is this weird looking thing if you are interested:

http://photo-analogue.blogspot.co.uk...ma-sensor.html

Last edited by Kenzie; 09-11-15 at 09:09 PM.