SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-12-08, 04:33 PM   #1
Dappa D

Default xbox 360 question....gamers lend me your ears....

as far as game play and graphics goes...and playing online....is the 360 equal to the ps3?

lots of my mates have ps3's and i like em...not interested in blu ghey.

would have been getting twinshack (poly26) lowers for my curvy for xmas had it not been written off...so now i need something else for crimbo..(as if i get a payout for the injury ill be able to get a curvy and the lowers anyway!)

and i dont really know what to get...hmmm...cant justify the cost of a ps3 and mrs would pay that anyway.

so im thinking maybe an xbox (premium) if i get a console and wondered if it matched the ps3, ill have a gander in comet / game soon but wondered what the .orgs thoughts were, more so from people who have played both.
Old 08-12-08, 04:35 PM   #2
DanAbnormal

Default Re: xbox 360 question....gamers lend me your ears....

Technically speaking, the PS3 has the advantage but there are far more great games available on the Xbox.
Old 08-12-08, 04:41 PM   #3
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAbnormal View Post
Technically speaking, the PS3 has the advantage but there are far more great games available on the Xbox.
+1. From a purely technical POV, the PS3 is superior. In terms of games, however, there are more 360 than PS3 exclusives that I prefer.
Old 08-12-08, 04:47 PM   #4
custard

i have both and tbh i think it comes down to personal preference.

only game i am missing out on at the minute that i am annoyed about as the xbitch is broken is fable 2.

xbox live also seems to be a bit livelier than ps3 but then you dont have to pay for the ps3 online stuff.

am also getting sorely ****ed off with the number of updates you have to do on the ps3, seems like once a fortnight.

also takes an age to start a new game as it downloads to the hardrive first, then checks for the invariable updates and then you might get to play.

saying that though blu-ghey is really quite something and it is a damn site quiter than the xbitch when watching dvds.

also has bluetooth and wireless built in.

AND if you are into unreal tournament you can play it with a keyboard and mouse!
Old 08-12-08, 04:51 PM   #5
Dappa D

im not into anything!! been out of the loop since i first went abroad to work at 18, so almost 10 years.

all ive done in that time really is play a few football games against mates at theirs...so sounds like id be happy with xbox,...cool
Old 08-12-08, 04:54 PM   #6
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappa D View Post
im not into anything!! been out of the loop since i first went abroad to work at 18, so almost 10 years.

all ive done in that time really is play a few football games against mates at theirs...so sounds like id be happy with xbox,...cool
More than happy I would say. I am not bragging but I have all the current gen consoles and the xbox gets by and far the most attention with the Wii being second and PS3 third. The PS3 is more of a 'cool' thing to have and I bought it purely for Blu-ray, a quiet media server (as opposed to the noisy xbox) and MGS4, which may end up on Xbox anyway. It's all good.
Old 08-12-08, 06:06 PM   #7
zsv650

xbox for me even though im having to have to fix my second one id still buy one over ps3 because of the games.
Old 08-12-08, 06:36 PM   #8
Ploppy

Go for the xbox, ive had mine for a few years now and it hasnt broken once (one of the lucky ones i guess ) there are more good games available for it and xbox live is a real winner for me.
Old 08-12-08, 06:58 PM   #9
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Have I done the right thing?

OK - so my eldest lad (13yrs) originally (a few months back) wanted a PS3 for Chrimbo.

He has since been playing on his mate's 360 quite a bit and has been banging on about getting one of these for Chrimbo as they're cheaper than the PS3 (so he thinks he's got more chance of getting it!).

We discussed the fact that he has a PS2 and doesn't use it a great deal, but he reckons this is because the games aren't great/as good as 360/PS3 games. We also have a Wii, which we all play at weekends etc, but he wanted something he and his brother (9 1/2yrs) could play better games on.

So I told him that both are out of the question for Chrimbo 'cos they're too expensive and told him that he'd be better saving his Chrimbo money and putting in with me to get a PS3 in the sales.

He's been looking on-line at loads of reviews etc and is still really keen on the Xbox, even though the PS3 comes out tops on graphics etc.

Anyway, I went to HMV the other day and got the bundle deal 80Gb PS3, Little Big Planet, Batman Blue-Ray movie, DVD remote control and another controller.

Is his face going to light up with joy on Chrizzy morning, or is he gonna turn round and tell me he'd rather have had the Xbox?
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 07:18 PM   #10
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobbylad View Post
Have I done the right thing?
Yes.

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 is just as good and more and more games are coming out on both platforms so you are sorted. The xbox just has a bigger games collection right now. That does not mean that the PS3's are pap, not by a long shot. There are many awesome games out for the PS3.