SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 02-09-09, 09:16 PM   #11
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR10 Chat

tbh for me part of an AR is the getting a bunch of us together and the journey there. AR06 was great fun for that reason iirc.

This year i got to lead 10/12 of us from Hatfield to the campsite but seeing as it was one road all the way and took less than an hour i kinda felt like i missed out on that bit.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 09:20 PM   #12
FG1

+1 ^
The journey there is part of the weekend too.
Old 02-09-09, 09:29 PM   #13
hovis

AR10 the welsh TT

brought to you by....

HOVIS AR president and rideout navigator

GRUNTYGIGGLES AR co-ordinator

LILY Hovis' PA and AR secretary

DIAMOND head of logistics

"190 miles of twisty, bike friendly roads taking in the best views and roads that Wales has to offer.

Starting from the Picturesque Campsite near Hay-on-Wye the route takes us through Abergavenny on route to experience the fantastic 1000 sheep road and the Brecon Beacons

From there we head to Llandovery, followed by a drop into the beautiful Elan Valley before going across to Crossgates then skirting past Talgarth to finish back at the campsite in Hay-on-Wye"

Camping will be at the Baskerville Hall Hotel in Hay-on-Wye, Powys HR3 5LE . The hall is where Arthur Conan Doyle got the inspiration for the book, Hounds of the Baskervilles but I'll give more info later on that.

Camping facilities are:

3 acre level field exclusively for us
Hard standing for bikes exclusively for us, but you can have bikes on the field as well
Plentiful toilet and shower facilities for everyone
Hotel bar with separate entrance exclusively for us
A swimming pool free of charge
Able to have BBQ's on field so long as they are off the grass
Able to bring own alcohol so long as it's kept out of the bar
there's a water tap in the field, there's chemical waste disposal for those who would come in a caravan/campervan etc as well.

The hotel has a nightclub attached to the rear and is £5 if you fancy making shapes on the dance floor. Having camped there I can say that there is no noise to be heard from the club when in the field... I didn't even know it was there until I was told!
Food has not been confirmed as yet, but we have a few options and all are cheap and excellent, so will confirm soon
Plenty of petrol stations and shops nearby although the site itself is in a beautiful spot with fantastic views over the Brecon’s and on the doorstep of amazing roads!

The price will be confirmed soon, but it will be a very pleasant surprise as this place is less than half the price I would have expected for what you get!

This is the place..........quite an old picture, has much more grass on the field now as you can see in the picture in my thread!

Last edited by hovis; 02-09-09 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-09-09, 09:33 PM   #14
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

sounds Good Hovis, but why not post your proposal in the other thread ?, Then we can talk about you.. sorry discuss your proposition in here..
Old 02-09-09, 09:33 PM   #15
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Damn you beat me too it... lol
Old 02-09-09, 09:34 PM   #16
ManxMatt34

+2 on the journey, people keep saying about the journey... i'm came from the Isle of Man with all due respect was on the 7.30am boat over the Liverpool on the thursday, and had to book an extra day 2 days off just because of it's location. But was well worth it.

I would vote not too have it between 29th may till 2 weeks later around the 11th of june that is tt time? Boat prices return will be about £200 quid for me an a bike just for the ar weekend. And Also i think some of the other sv'rs were discussing coming over in another thread (view euro trips i think).

www.iomtt.com

Thats my opinion posted. p.s. your all NOT WELCOME to the iom for AR incase anyone i.e. bluefishman or paulthe6th decide to come up with that one :P plus your all tight gits and wouldn't wanna pay to come here. (granted it's not always £200 return just times like TT races.
Old 02-09-09, 09:37 PM   #17
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
sounds Good Hovis, but why not post your proposal in the other thread ?, Then we can talk about you.. sorry discuss your proposition in here..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Damn you beat me too it... lol
this was the 1st thraed i saw. so i posted it, i ten relised it should have gone in the other thraed, but thought i would not delete it, just in case it was missed

Old 02-09-09, 09:38 PM   #18
BanditPat

Dont have a postcode for that site do you hovis?
Old 02-09-09, 09:39 PM   #19
hovis

yes
Old 02-09-09, 09:40 PM   #20
BanditPat

LOL could you tell me it?