SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-04-06, 06:37 PM   #1
kciN

Default Funny Mishaps - lets hear 'em!! Bike related.. Anything goes

Mine then... (I'll keep as short as...)

A few years back on holiday in Greece, before I passed my test, but knew how to ride....
4 of us, 2 men and our women, went to hire the local rev'n'goes.
Everyone, apart from me, was a bit anxious. There's me saying, no problem, I can handle one of these babies..
So we all have a try and me last. Easy I say, as I rev'n'go - straight on the floor. He'd just washed it, wet wheels! (My excuse anyway!)
Plenty of iodine on nasty cut and everyone saying, f**k that and heading for the cycle hire instead..
I still get ribbed now from 'said' mate. But.......
I had the last laugh a few years later.
In Majorca, coming back on a hack across the island in shorts and T-shirt, (madness!) pulling in to gravel car park. I get there first, whilst mate comes in trying to be clever, pulls the back brake to slide, and slide the bike does on it's side!!
He literally jumps off, does a cartwheel and lands on his feet! I p**sed myself laughing.. Couldn't have done it if he tried!!
Old 25-04-06, 06:46 PM   #2
sharriso74

Another holiday mishap. In Phucket a few years back hired some Honda Dreams (nightmares more like). Riding along went round a bend and hit some sand, needless to say the bike slid I cam off nothing too bad a few grazes. Looked to where the bike was and it had stopped sliding at the feet of a policeman!!!!

The other mishaps of that holiday can't be published here due to the 'U' rating