SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-09-12, 03:26 PM   #1
dirtyred619

Default Danmoto GP Extreme Exhaust opinions?

Has anybody got any experience/own a Danmoto GP Exhaust? I quite like the look and sound of them (although I've only heard it online on youtube etc) and from what I can tell they're a decent product. My main concern is if they are just that little bit too loud, it doesn't bother me too much but wondering if my local MOT centre will feel the same as me!

Any opinions appreciated.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GP-Exhaust...item33734c6a5d
Old 10-09-12, 03:30 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Danmoto GP Extreme Exhaust

to me they don't look right on a pointy. i think they work out cheaper if you get them direct from danmoto. http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 03:35 PM   #3
greensv650

I have just bought one for my Curvy, haven't fitted it yet, will post some pics when I have and let you know how I get on.

Not sure on the MOT side of things, I was working on the basis that if it fails then I would pop the stock one on and send it back for a retest. Also my friends CBR400 passed it's MOT and I'm pretty sure the can on that is not 'road legal'
Old 10-09-12, 03:46 PM   #4
dirtyred619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
to me they don't look right on a pointy. i think they work out cheaper if you get them direct from danmoto. http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/
Just worked it out it's probably just a bit cheaper (with postage added) through Danmoto and would prefer to go through them if I bought it so cheers for that.

I do quite like it I've seen one on youtube and they have the link pipe angled out slightly so the exhaust looks almost like a high level one, looks good.
Old 10-09-12, 03:49 PM   #5
dirtyred619

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensv650 View Post
I have just bought one for my Curvy, haven't fitted it yet, will post some pics when I have and let you know how I get on.

Not sure on the MOT side of things, I was working on the basis that if it fails then I would pop the stock one on and send it back for a retest. Also my friends CBR400 passed it's MOT and I'm pretty sure the can on that is not 'road legal'
Cheers would be interesting to see what you think.

It mentions on their eBay add about the baffle you can get for it which I've just found on their site, could be worth a look, even if it's just for MOT time!

http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/remov...oduct-298.html
Old 10-09-12, 04:12 PM   #6
greensv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyred619 View Post
Cheers would be interesting to see what you think.

It mentions on their eBay add about the baffle you can get for it which I've just found on their site, could be worth a look, even if it's just for MOT time!

http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/remov...oduct-298.html
Yeah I got the baffle, looking at the exhaust I think I am gonna put it in without trying it without. I reckon it's gonna be silly without.
Old 10-09-12, 05:25 PM   #7
speedyandypandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensv650 View Post
I have just bought one for my Curvy, haven't fitted it yet
+1 Waiting for a photographer to catch a picture of my oem exhaust grinding on tarmac

To Dirtyred: If you google damoto gp extreme you will find people with problems, a few actually, at least a few on one of the Kawasaki forums have had problems. I knew this before I bought it, I know a good welder
Old 10-09-12, 07:33 PM   #8
Joe Marcon

My mate has one on a pointy, looks good and sounds awsome
Old 10-09-12, 09:45 PM   #9
dirtyred619

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyandypandy View Post
To Dirtyred: If you google damoto gp extreme you will find people with problems, a few actually, at least a few on one of the Kawasaki forums have had problems. I knew this before I bought it, I know a good welder
Yeah I've had a good look now and there does seem to be some problems but not loads and they seem to be on the exhausts with rivets, certainly not enough bad reviews to put me off and I'm normally the worst at talking myself out of things!

My only problem is I quite like the look of the GP Conical exhaust but can't find any pictures of that fitted to a SV so can't decide between the 2. The closest pic I can find is 1 fitted to a Busa so not the best comparison but it sounds good.

Having said that for just short of £80 with a baffle delivered might just take a punt on the GP Conical exhaust.

http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/sv-65...oduct-539.html
Old 10-09-12, 11:07 PM   #10
speedyandypandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyred619 View Post
Yeah I've had a good look now and there does seem to be some problems but not loads and they seem to be on the exhausts with rivets, certainly not enough bad reviews to put me off and I'm normally the worst at talking myself out of things!
So you've not come across the threads with the cracked tig(or is it mig) weldings on the gp extreme? I came across atleast two threads with that problem, but as I said, I bought it even after reading about it, it will end up being crashed, cheapest exhaust I could find with extra ground clearance and I'm not going to shed a tear when I get my metal plate skills(not alot in that bag) out for repairs or even if I have to buy a new one, for anything not safety related I would buy chinese stuff, don't trust them enough for brakes, rearsets, clip ons etc etc.

I've packed away my Akrapovic Ti Race System, I would cry my heart out if I crashed that.