SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 26-01-15, 01:58 PM   #1
dkid

Default Dyno tune in Bristol recommendations

From what I can see the two to choose from are Jhs racing and Tim Blakemore racing. Anyone used either place specifically for dyno tuning?

I've had suspension setup and tyres from Jhs, never used Tim Blakemore at all. Both seem to charge around the £150 mark.

I need a custom map developed for my CBR600rr and would appreciate any feedback about these two or anyone else I've overlooked.

Cheers org.
Old 06-02-15, 08:28 PM   #2
TheOnlyNemesis

Default Re: Dyno tune in Bristol recommendations

I used JHS before, didn't enjoy it personally. Didn't let me watch, staff weren't the most friendly, took ages and got hardly any BHP gain. I got my ninja dyno'd but it was a trek.

http://www.trackelectronics.co.uk/

Long ride but, to be honest, good excuse for a ride too.
Old 07-02-15, 07:49 AM   #3
dkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyNemesis View Post
I used JHS before, didn't enjoy it personally. Didn't let me watch, staff weren't the most friendly, took ages and got hardly any BHP gain. I got my ninja dyno'd but it was a trek.

http://www.trackelectronics.co.uk/

Long ride but, to be honest, good excuse for a ride too.

Thanks Stu, I've already got the power commander installed so that'd be a big ol' ride for something I can get done locally. Their new tech sounds interesting though, might read up a bit more on that one.

So JHS lacked in their customer relations? That's a shame. I would definitely like to see what goes on and a friendly staff member who chats and tells you what he's doing is certainly much nicer.

Weird thing is, whilst emailing both companies for quotes etc JHS came across as extremely friendly/helpful where as Tim Blakemore was all 'one line replies'. Not sure what I can take from that though as I dealt with a receptionist called Vikki at JHS (who was nice but wouldn't actually be doing the work) whereas Tim Blakemore himself responded to me in person.

Meh, not heard anything bad yet about TB so I guess I'll go with him unless anyone else chimes in with something to make me reconsider. He's £9 cheaper too...

Cheers Stu, hope to see you on a ride when the weather warms up a bit.
Old 17-02-15, 07:41 PM   #4
dkid

Just to update for anyone looking for a dyno tuner in the southwest, I ended up going with Tim Blakemore racing. They were superb! Really friendly, happy to chat bikes etc, even happy to allow you into the dyno booth to witness the process whilst they're doing it (ear protection required, lol).

Top guys and I'll definitely use them again. Recommended.