SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 08-10-11, 10:31 PM   #11
The Idle Biker

Default Re: Rockingham International 6th October

ahh crap, respect for even going out in rubbish weather, it's dry or nothing for me.
Old 08-10-11, 10:43 PM   #12
Stenno

That might be my new rule!
Old 08-10-11, 10:53 PM   #13
Lozzo

I'm booked in for tomorrow at The Rock on the Versys because I want to do at least one trackday on it. If the weather is crap I'll go back to bed and give it a miss.
Old 08-10-11, 11:10 PM   #14
Stenno

Well I did my first track day at Snetterton last month and even in the wet, there was grip everywhere. Rockingham's track felt a bit like Teflon, but then I am lacking in experience.
Old 09-10-11, 12:12 AM   #15
Lozzo

I'm not joking when I say this, but the last time I rode the International circuit at Rockingham was in February 2008... it snowed in fits and starts from midday onwards and we kept on riding because the track wasn't dangerously slippy. I came in from three sessions with the shoulders of my leathers white with snow, yet we were all still getting our knees down at most corners and we weren't going much slower each lap. Rockingham has plenty of grip.
Old 09-10-11, 07:15 AM   #16
injury_ian

It didn't on Friday, plenty of car track days and no rain for a long time made the conditions trecherous.

Plenty of bikes fell, some even on the sighting lap!

The conditions were as bad as sleet / icy IMO.
It was that bad that after lunch (and a fresh shower) the advance group had just 1 rider on the track for the whole session, the inters had 6, of which one stacked it!

All in all, out of all the sessions that day possibly only 2-3 didn't end in a red flag.

I've done wet trackdays before, the rock on Friday was definately moody.

Last edited by injury_ian; 09-10-11 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-10-11, 09:41 AM   #17
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Guys on the trackday riders forum are also reporting extremely slippy conditions.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 09:44 AM   #18
Stenno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
I'm not joking when I say this, but the last time I rode the International circuit at Rockingham was in February 2008... it snowed in fits and starts from midday onwards and we kept on riding because the track wasn't dangerously slippy. I came in from three sessions with the shoulders of my leathers white with snow, yet we were all still getting our knees down at most corners and we weren't going much slower each lap. Rockingham has plenty of grip.
Yes but you're a riding God and I'm a novice. Rockingham was unforgiving for a lot of people, compared to Snetterton at least.
Old 09-10-11, 05:59 PM   #19
Lozzo

I was there today, and I will admit that those who rode there in the wet were saying the same as you - apparently the track surface was like glass when there was water on it... sorry 'bout that.

This afternoon I signed on for a couple of sessions when it was dry and the surface was fine all round, but I'm glad I wasn't out there when it was wet by the sound of things.