SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-07-06, 07:54 PM   #1
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Default Oi Peter Henry

Ok Peter, how much did it cost you

I'm talking about your hiring those 2 guys who 'mugged' me earlier whilst I was having a nice little ride !!

There I was enjoying a nice sedate little ride on the VFR, enjoying the good weather & reasonably empty road - when all of a sudden BAM !! I'm bounced (one either side !!) by a yellow 748 & a red 749

Unfortunately you should have told them to choose a road that they knew better than I do !! :P

The 749 was no real prob to get back at (well, I didn't think so - but more of that later !!) - I just took him round the outside of a bend that he'd slowed down too hard for - to be fair it's a corner that looks quite tight when you approach but then opens right out to be more of a sweeping bend than a real turn.

The 748 was a different matter though - the guy was REALLY on it - just couldn't get past - even with my knowledge of the road - I did manage to keep with him though (ish !!)

Eventually after about 3 miles he signalled & pulled in - so I followed. He walked towards me & I towards him (both with visors down) - he stops, I stop - he goes to take his lid off so I do the same - & then this huge grin appears across his face as he apologizes for 749 passing me on the inside & explains that they had been out all afternoon & were really bored & looking for someone to play with !!

A minute or so later 749 turns up - jumps off his bike, rips his lid off & launches into a tirade of 'Anglo-Saxon' English - aimed at little old moi

It appears that he wasn't impressed at my overtake - & accused me, yes ME, of being a BEEPING reckless BEEP & that if I ever did it again he'd BEEPING well BEEP me up big time

I was just about to respond when 748 beats me to it - tells him to shut the BEEP up 'cos he's making a BEEP of himself & that I 'done' him fair & square & that he should shut up & live with it or he'd tell their other mates that he'd been had over by a VFR !!

749 stomps off in a huff back to his bike, gets on & rides away - 748 then says he'd better go too 'cos his mate hasn't got a clue where he is or where he's going !!

So I never got the chance to ask him how you'd contacted them in the first place Peter !!
Old 12-07-06, 07:59 PM   #2
Jabba

Old 12-07-06, 08:06 PM   #3
lynw

I'll slope off now before PH gets all huffy with me :P
Old 12-07-06, 08:17 PM   #4
Peter Henry

Obviously a CBR rider not quite used to the sublime handling and power delivery that those 749's offer mate.

I feel ashamed of him, he is a complete **** and glad you showed him what was what. Bloody good on yer. I have no time for these Fancy Dan types who can't ride for sh*t and go out and sully the famous red brand with their ineptitude.

*(No wonder that John didn't ring me back. Yeah we'll give him a little frightener for you Peter, Show him how a real bike gets ridden!" Sh*t!)
Old 12-07-06, 08:24 PM   #5
philipMac

ha ha.
Fair play.
Amate of mine took a 999 on a .... 1150GS... on twsties.
And I sat in behind him on a stock SV650. He was all hard on the throttle, hard on the brakes, and we were just rolling.

All show and no go some of those lads are.
Old 13-07-06, 09:52 AM   #6
Iain51

Quality!
Old 13-07-06, 11:03 AM   #7
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Nice

What a cheeky little S**T the 749 rider . Wonder if his mate would keep his promise not to tell anyone

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote